VCE Maths questions help (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
But why is gst 1/11 when it said 10% gst?
GST is an additional 10% on top of the actual cost of an item.

Therefore, we need to find the original cost (which represents 100%) and 10% that has been placed "on top".

We could also work out it like this 10(gst)/ 110(total gst and cost of original item percent ) * price inclusive of GST
10/110 simplifies down to 1/10

boredsatan

HSC
The original hourly rate was $68 for 1 hour (with 10% gst included)
If the hourly rate was increased by 8.5%, calculate the new hourly rate (with gst included)
Is the answer $73.8?
Or do I need to include 10% extra gst?

boredsatan

HSC
If the hourly rate was increased by 8.5%, calculate the new hourly rate (with gst included)
Is the answer $73.8?
Anyone?

BlackJoe

HSC
Is the answer $73.8?
If you actually read the question, you will know that you don't need to worry about GST.
Ye, the answer is $73.8!

Judging from the history of this thread, that is a valid implication but have you considered,
  • extreme social anxiety
  • extreme sensitivity to judgement
  • can't accept the fact he is using his friends
  • mentally disabled friends
  • no friends
  • does not undertake secondary education (e.g. homeschooled)

Last edited by a moderator:

boredsatan

HSC
Well obviously since that question appeared on a test and i haven't got my score back, i can't ask my teacher the answer

BlackJoe

HSC
After carefully re-examining this entire thread, you look very suspicious, boredsatan. Even more suspicious because of the origin of your avatar.

Given that you've been exposed to calculus, how can you not do a simple GST problem? It's like you've left every stone unturned or maybe you're trolling (Squar3root's theory)?

What's the cause of this discrepancy? I think the user He-Mann explained it very well and it might have removed the possibility of you trolling. Just maybe.

Late June, 2017. After getting 'told-off' by some users, I noticed you left for month. I'm guessing you felt hurt and attacked due to being severely judged and accused of things. But when you came back, it looked like you had not taken the advice seriously or made any changes in your behaviour. Let me tell you, from the best of my knowledge, why these people made such blunt statements about you. They are here to help. They have good intentions. They notice you have a restricting habit. They are giving you foresight on how to make your life easier with this math stuff. I mean, I don't agree with He-Mann's incredibly blunt delivery but I can tell he cares for your future. Why the hell would a random care about you? Let that sink in....

Don't feel bad or inferior or the like. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Intelligence and math ability does not determine success in the future; it's hard work that does. Staying in your comfort zone and asking for help constantly won't do you any good.

So please. I want you to think rigorously about the advice you've received in this thread by multiple users. I believe it's excellent advice for anyone. :)

Last edited:

boredsatan

HSC
If there is a matrix
[2 0]
[0 -3]
and there is an equation y = 3x
then how would you describe the transformation and the inverse
Thanks

This question got deleted from this thread. Sorry about any trouble that I may have caused

kawaiipotato

HSC
If there is a matrix
[2 0]
[0 -3]
and there is an equation y = 3x
then how would you describe the transformation and the inverse
Thanks

This question got deleted from this thread. Sorry about any trouble that I may have caused

Last edited:

boredsatan

HSC
Is the answer y' = (3^(x'/2))* - 3 ?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Is the answer y' = (3^(x'/2))* - 3 ?
no, please pay attention to the answer given.
(I used (u,v) as opposed to v1 and v2)

The transformation turns a line from gradient y=3x into a line v=-9/2 u. More generally a line y=ax+b, into a line v=-1.5a*u +b

The inverse maps requires the inverse of the transformation matrix.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)