Velvet Revolver cancel tour...again (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Damn. I love VR - they're the band GNR should have been; I can't stand Axl Rose - and while Contraband is far better Libertad (it wasn't that bad, it just wasn't as good as their first album), I had no idea they were touring.

And I thought Scott Weiland had cleaned up his act. This kind of kills my hopes for them to get the Quantum of Solace theme (not that they were ever put forward as a candidate, I just wanted to see them do it) ...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
VR are better than GNR. Better than STP, their other parent band, and while it's not hard to do better than some of the stuff on Tiny Music, No. 4 and Shangri-la Dee Da (stupidest title ever), some of the songs on Core and Purple are brilliant.

I just wish the released a cover album since they do so many covers ...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Sad Panda.

I was really looking forward to this, VR are a great band within themselves (not to mention the fact that I'm hopelessly devoted to GNR and STP).

It can't be THAT hard to be clean in VR, everyone else in that band has kicked the hard stuff by now, so it's not like they'd be surrounded by drugs.

GRR and ARGH. Get it together, Scott, and come SING FOR ME, K. There's an STP reunion in the works apparently, I dunno if he'd be a part of that but here's hoping. That would be the shit, especially since GNR is never getting back together (Axl Rose's cover band doesn't count).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Chinese Democracy is as fanciful as it sounds: it's never going to happen. Thirteen million dollars and seventeen years in the making and Axl Rose still can't decide on his line-up!

I've never liked the man's music much, but if he stopped trying to drive a wedge between the memebrs of Velvet Revolver and startd doing something productive, maybe he'll get the album out the door in time for the actual introduction of democracy in China.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)