Venus Transit 2012 (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
(Don't read if Astronomy bores you).

No idea where I should put this, no Astronomy threads visible and since its all over the news, I thought I'd put it here. I know the modophiles'll kindly move appropriately.

The Venus Transit is taking place tomorrow (Wednesday, 6th, June).

Information, countdown and eventual live broadcast on this site: http://www.transitofvenus.com.au/HOME.html

I won't be able to see it due to weather (I'm in Melbourne. It's always due to weather). Hoping there's some sort of break in the clouds. Doubt it, though. Eastern Australia is lucky enough to see the entire Transit through, from ~6am to ~3pm (7-8 hours visible depending on location).

For those like me who'll be under cloud cover or stuck indoors, there will be live feeds on the net.

Who's going to have a look?

Also, I wonder how many people will hear its happening and promptly go out and fry their eyeballs from looking without 'solar glasses'.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There is a thread on this in the Hobbies subforum.

madharris

HSC
N/A
A dad from the Jr. School is bringing in 2 telescopes and the school has 2 as well.
Sooo my chemistry teacher today is like. "OMG I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!! IN PERIOD 2 TOMORROW WE'LL ALL GO SEE IT!!!"

but imo, except for its significance in the discovery of Australia, I don't really care about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)