Video game piracy (2 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, but there's still a risk. Plus you're fat.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
Yes, but there's still a risk. Plus you're fat.
I might care about the fat comments if I was actually fat, but I am not, so you are just wasting your time.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
You'll have to post pics of yourself to prove otherwise, fatty.

What's your BMI?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It's cos you're too fat to know. How many kg do you weight and what's your height?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
It's cos you're too fat to know. How many kg do you weight and what's your height?
I know how to calculate my BMI, I am just not going to do it, and I am not going to give you that information so you can do it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
you won't give it out cos you're fat.
I won't give it out because I don't care enough to want to prove to you I am not fat... and unless I gave you a fake height and weight that would put me in the overweight or obese category you would just say I lied.

Evilo

HSC
stazi said:
The risk with importing from overseas is:
-Post getting stolen
-Disc getting damaged during postage
-Customs problem leading to lengthy delays
-Getting the game after the launch date (particularly with anticipated titles)
-No real way of returning back to the store if you're unhappy with the title or the disc is damaged; no after-sales support
My mate gets PC/PS3/PS2/PSP games regularly from overseas (ebay) and never has had any of these problems.

re: damaged product. Most of the "power sellers" have a refund policy if the disc is broken etc. His PSP stand broke, and they had sent a replacement 12 hrs after it had been reported.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i often get games from overseas, but these problems could happen.

regardless, nowadays you are unlikely to get games at the launch day, so that problem sticks. you do realise that postage takes more than 1 day from overseas?

Evilo

HSC
yeah i meant they had packed a new one ready to send within a 12 hr period. It didnt arrive for a few days. Maybe i should explain things more clearly for you :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i wasnt talking about how long it took resending the item. You said none of my points were valid. I argued that they all were valid, particularly the launch day point, which affects everyone: you can't get games as soon as they're released.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that's why you download torrents, and wait for comments to appear from users who've scanned the files and gotten them to work

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
regardless, nowadays you are unlikely to get games at the launch day, so that problem sticks. you do realise that postage takes more than 1 day from overseas?
If you need to get a game on the launch day you obviously have no life.

Evilo

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you need to get a game on the launch day you obviously have no life.
mods have deleted my post, but yeah what he said.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Yep, if you enjoy video games and are anxious to play a new one every other aspect of your life must be obsessive and unbalanced.
Yeah, when I couldn't wait for GTA IV to come out particularly after the delays, I totally realised that I absolutely have no life when I was angry about getting it a week after everyone else. I saw my psychiatrist for a few weeks who told me to kill myself.

I now live my life apathetically and only get games five years after they launch.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Yep, if you enjoy video games and are anxious to play a new one every other aspect of your life must be obsessive and unbalanced.
It is possible to enjoy games and want to play new ones without needing them on the release date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)