video pplz (1 Viewer)

this is it

HSC
N/A
Just wonderin if the ppl doin video r using an editing company to edit their production, and if so which company are u using? Is anyone editing their production themselves????

jus wonderin

televators

HSC
Why not just give up now?- M.B., you truly are the man...lol

Why not take down our shitty eng dept too while ur at it:D :D :D :D :D

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I did it on my own with iMac and Final Cut Pro, got some technical support from a friend and worked a segment on Adobe Premiere. With the current home technology, it'll be waste of money to do it in an editing company

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
yeah i agree...not doing it at home would be a waste of money....just use a decent editing program like pinnacle or adobe.. also, its only 1 unit and not that important to spend heaps of money on it...

i'm using pinnacle v. 9 - its awesome and pretty easy to use...

frazzle

HSC
what? people use editing companies? we're actually allowed to!?

i'm just editting mine in imovie... *sigh*

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
i know i was shocked when i heard people used editing companies too!!

Last edited:

televators

HSC
fucking hell, typical North-Shore wanker with his fucking 'editing companies'- a total disadvantage to us west sydney students- no longer the hsc is what you know, but if you can pay for it!

pfft...

400miles

Originally posted by televators
fucking hell, typical North-Shore wanker with his fucking 'editing companies'- a total disadvantage to us west sydney students- no longer the hsc is what you know, but if you can pay for it!

pfft...
i know where you live

this is it

HSC
N/A
bullshit televators

Bro u chose to live with mum ok not me. u thought dad was the bum in the family back when we were living in Nimbin well he isn't. Now im at North Shore n ur living in Merrylands. Thats not my problem i hope the choice was worth it. ur right the hsc is what u can pay for and guess what, daddy can pay more than mummy

hahahah

televators

HSC
mate, i stood by mum- unlike you- dad ran off with that fucken slut of a secretary- it still hurts today- i hope you get flogged with ur bulshit idea for ur hsc

morals will win in the end, not cash- i hope you crash and burn, steve...

400miles

Originally posted by televators
mate, i stood by mum- unlike you- dad ran off with that fucken slut of a secretary- it still hurts today- i hope you get flogged with ur bulshit idea for ur hsc

morals will win in the end, not cash- i hope you crash and burn, steve...
i know who you are

- L1n -

HSC
no offense to all those video medium students who seek company help in terms of editing for they films or anyone who paid someone to do they own editing, i seriously despise that and i hope all u losers who used a company get pwned for ur film. The reason i'm saying this is becos i took the initive upon my self to edit my own film through adobe premiere 7, i took my own god damn time doing my shit, so yeh if ur asking for companies go screw urself loser, why don't u grow up and do it ur selves. And to any 2004 video medium students i hope u all the best and waiting desperately like u to know what ur marks r as we deserve a e4 for our HARDWORK(unlike retards who go off to pay companies) and sorry if this might be offensive but i just see this course as an opportunity for upcoming film makers, editiors or even producer to let the hsc markers know they r they and waiting to get a opportunity at it in real life, so yeh screw all u losers who even thought about company help.

televators

HSC
i agree- that 'this is it' guy- he payed his way through school life and doesnt care about film at all! born with a sliver spoon up his arse- but hey!, we can always go burn down his mansion otherwise!

come on 'this is it'- bring it onnn!

he's actually brendan nelson's son- you know, that stupid politician who ROSE HECS- he doesnt care cos daddy is gonna pay for his uni course!

this is it

HSC
N/A
thats right

televators we hv gone through this so many times - u chose mum i chose dad, now live with it ok, instead of getting into a drunken rage this christmas can we perhaps enjoy it for once?, dad has always offered u a spot in our home yet u are too macho to swallow ur pride, well look at the situation now..... if i dun get the marks... which i probably won't, dad will contact the dean.... ur right, i dun deny it bro... but jus remember who wil be doing the law degreee at the end of the day...... ........... hmm im wondering if i might actually go alright in extension 2, dads publicist said that my director worked on home and away a few years back... i suppose i should go actually watch what i submitted seeing as i "did all the work" hehehe.... imagine if it gets on the showcase website hehehe... creativity my ass...... so televators get over it bro, and dont turn up pissed on christmas day again pleeeeeeeeeezz

and to Lin woteva ur fuckin name is.... listen hear mate, have u ever heard of ne one that got far in life by expressing their "creativity", i dont think so.... its all about who u know not what u know, keep that in mind.......... oh im sorry, u spent all ur little free time collaborating a little computer edited video - good for u tell someone who cares, just cause u didnt have the brain to go get someonelse to do it.................... hey does Spielberg edit his own movies... i dont think so........ does any other director u know................ contact me if u need the conections chief instead of wasting prescious pot time ................... i;m ahead of u in that area as well televators

- L1n -

HSC
this is it said:
televators we hv gone through this so many times - u chose mum i chose dad, now live with it ok, instead of getting into a drunken rage this christmas can we perhaps enjoy it for once?, dad has always offered u a spot in our home yet u are too macho to swallow ur pride, well look at the situation now..... if i dun get the marks... which i probably won't, dad will contact the dean.... ur right, i dun deny it bro... but jus remember who wil be doing the law degreee at the end of the day...... ........... hmm im wondering if i might actually go alright in extension 2, dads publicist said that my director worked on home and away a few years back... i suppose i should go actually watch what i submitted seeing as i "did all the work" hehehe.... imagine if it gets on the showcase website hehehe... creativity my ass...... so televators get over it bro, and dont turn up pissed on christmas day again pleeeeeeeeeezz

and to Lin woteva ur fuckin name is.... listen hear mate, have u ever heard of ne one that got far in life by expressing their "creativity", i dont think so.... its all about who u know not what u know, keep that in mind.......... oh im sorry, u spent all ur little free time collaborating a little computer edited video - good for u tell someone who cares, just cause u didnt have the brain to go get someonelse to do it.................... hey does Spielberg edit his own movies... i dont think so........ does any other director u know................ contact me if u need the conections chief instead of wasting prescious pot time ................... i;m ahead of u in that area as well televators

u fuking retard, spielberg did'nt get there buy paying someone else to edit his films, he got their starting off doing everything himself, like 55 percent of all 4 unit filmm makers, and it's through his hardwork that he got to the big screens and it's only then can u employ editors and producers etc etc, but spielberg still has the final word he might not spend 80 percent of the time in editing but his there for at least 50 percent u fuking loser, so why don't u just go to ur fuked up dad and suck him off u cock sucking loser.

Who cares more than 50 percent of the 4 unit film makers would care cos we're not reatrds who pay to succesceed. FUKING REATRDED MORON

waterfowl

HSC
this is it said:
hey does Spielberg edit his own movies... i dont think so........ does any other director u know................ contact me if u need the conections chief instead of wasting prescious pot time ................... i;m ahead of u in that area as well televators
Firstly I totally agree with what Lin said.
And you say that no other director edits their films, but previous to that you said you hired a director...so you actually had no part in "your" film.
And thats stupid hiring someone to do all that, making films is fun, and editing (although time consuming and often tedious, esp when your computer sucks) is often the best part! The only reason I dropped out of 4U was because I didn't have enough time to make a film I would have been happy with.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Umm, ALL film-makers have at least a hand in the editing process... And what exactly are you going to do when you can't use Daddy's contacts anymore? Are you going to try to pay your lawyer friends to sit law exams/write papers for you in Uni? Going to try to bribe the Bar?

If you know everybody but know nothing, eventually everybody's going to find out and stip helping you. Then where are you going to be?

Oh, and what exactly would an editing company do for you anyway? I mean you wouldn't have shot only what you wanted (that's ridiculous, nothing ever turns out exactly the way you want), so unless you spent ages storyboarding everything precisely (which would've take just as much time as editing it properly), how're they supposed to know how to edit it? Or are you just letting people do whatever the hell they want, possibly changing your story completely?

EDIT: From the Board:
Certification of HSC submitted works is required to ensure that each submitted work is wholly the work of the student entered for the HSC and has been completed under the supervision of the English teacher. The Board of Studies will provide a certification form for this purpose.
So are you even allowed to use a professional director/editor? Because you haven't really done any of it yourself... Unless you lied about it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)