Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I completely agree that the Pakistan Govt is stupid.
What i find saddening is that 19 people die, yet these lives don't matter in the eyes of the media and deemed not worthy of a front page headline, yet a Sydney Swans proceeding to the grand final is more important. *sigh* What has humanity come to?
because the majority of people *do not* give a shit about some terrible backwater of a place like Pakistan where they murder nearly 20 people over a fucking youtube video and a cartoon

I sure as shit care more about the Swans getting into the grand final than any news coming out of Pakistan because any news whatsoever is horrifying

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Left leaning Greg Sheridan makes a good point for once:
Here is a hard truth. Islamist extremists didn’t hate America because of Bush. They hated Bush because of America. And now they hate Obama, because of America…

If ever a US president was going to garner goodwill in the Muslim world it was surely going to be Barack Hussein Obama, with his Kenyan father, his post-colonial consciousness, his years of childhood in Muslim Indonesia, his eloquence on racial issues, the global pop star vibe he generated…

He made every conceivable effort in making overtures to the Muslim world. He tiptoed around Iranian sensibilities, extended an open hand to the ayatollahs, refrained even from voicing any early criticism when they stole an election. In Cairo Obama made an eloquent plea for reconciliation between the Muslim world and America. He beat up on Israel, even at one point refusing to be seen in public with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and he made an elaborate bow to a Saudi royal.

But none of it has won anything from the Middle East. It may be that Bush overestimated what hard power could achieve. But in his first year in office, Obama certainly overestimated what soft power, and his own personality and eloquence, could achieve.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I completely agree that the Pakistan Govt is stupid.
What i find saddening is that 19 people die, yet these lives don't matter in the eyes of the media and deemed not worthy of a front page headline, yet a Sydney Swans proceeding to the grand final is more important. *sigh* What has humanity come to?
http://ninemsn.com.au/]
http://au.yahoo.com/?p=us
Muslims can kill themselves and cause violence in Pakistan and the rest of the world doesn't care too much. If they start doing that in Sydney like the riots last week, then yes, that is (as it should be) frontpage news.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Muslims can kill themselves and cause violence in Pakistan and the rest of the world doesn't care too much. If they start doing that in Sydney like the riots last week, then yes, that is (as it should be) frontpage news.
Thanks for furthering my point, and u too lolsmith.
*sigh* What has humanity come to?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
At the end of the day, Islam is to blame for all this violence. The sooner you come to accept that...

7eleven

HSC
N/A
At the end of the day, Islam is to blame for all this violence. The sooner you come to accept that...
U dont know how stupid u sound. How can Islam be blamed for the violence, when all the killings, burning and destruction goes strongly against what Islam preaches. If u don't have anything worthy to say, just go jump.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
U dont know how stupid u sound. How can Islam be blamed for the violence, when all the killings, burning and destruction goes strongly what Islam preaches. If u don't have anything worthy to say, just go jump.

That is the stupidest thing you had said in this thread.

So you're telling me it is Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Atheists etc burning all these embassies and causing rioting in 20+ countries over a youtube video of the Islamic phophet?

7eleven

HSC
N/A

That is the stupidest thing you had said in this thread.

So you're telling me it is Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Atheists etc burning all these embassies and causing rioting in 20+ countries over a youtube video of the Islamic phophet?
No that's not what im saying, im saying religion has nothing to do with the violence in the first place. Ur head is so thick.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No that's not what im saying, im saying religion has nothing to do with the violence in the first place. Ur head is so thick.
So you're telling me these louts rioting and burning embassies are doing it because they hate youtube and cartoons in general? The fact that the youtube video and cartoons are of the Islamic prophet have nothing to do with it?

Strong argument son.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
So you're telling me these louts rioting and burning embassies are doing it because they hate youtube and cartoons in general? The fact that the youtube video and cartoons are of the Islamic prophet have nothing to do with it?

Strong argument son.
AHHH ...NO. Smart ass, i didnt say that either. Yes these riots are in relation to the film and cartoons, however what im trying to get at is that in no way is "Islam is to blame for all this violence". And that's something u'll never get cause, ur heads to thick.

RANK 1

HSC
AHHH ...NO. Smart ass, i didnt say that either. Yes these riots are in relation to the film and cartoons, however what im trying to get at is that in no way is "Islam is to blame for all this violence". And that's something u'll never get cause, ur heads to thick.
if there was no islam then there would none of this

7eleven

HSC
N/A
if there was no islam then there would none of this
LOl that's as valid as me saying if there weren't any Americans, then there would be none of this since the film itself was made by an American.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
lol, ur the joke
man I can't even be bothered trolling anymore

I genuinely feel bad for all of the decent and semi-decent Muslims itt that have made a concerted and vaguely informed effort to present themselves in a decent manner. You've literally said it's okay to rape children, have no real understanding of what free speech is, don't understand supply and demand and exhibit this perverse idea that the whole world should be centred around what you consider important simply because it's what you consider to be important. You can't even provide any real counterpoints other than sticking your head into the sand or "no u". If you really care about the lot of Muslims in this country, and their perception in the West, I would seriously suggest to you that you eject yourself from this part of the site. You are doing yourself and your community absolutely no favours.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
This is true picture of Muhammad (PBUH)

lol srsly

this video literally absolves people of murder and violence because a shitty video, by its own admission, made them upset

why do you want to be associated with that

also cool english brah :

RANK 1

HSC
LOl that's as valid as me saying if there weren't any Americans, then there would be none of this since the film itself was made by an American.
if there was no religion then alot of the shit that goes on in the world would not be happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)