Violent music and violent games make kids violent. (1 Viewer)

loz.stgghs

HSC
I disagree
Ive played GTA for years and ive only ever killed one hooker in real life and stolen all her money
and let me tell you cheat codes dont work to get your wanted level down in the real world

HSC
disagree

i listen to whats labeled as "violent" music and also play violent games but i havent punched the crap out of anyone :/

i think it depends on someones lifestyle, attitude and how they've been brought up that determines whether they will be violent or not

badquinton304

HSC
Kwayera said:
a = x
b = y

Thus x = y? No.
Ah yes the old black and white arguement, That would hold true in the assumptions that a child would be exposed to violent content at all times besides sleeping and eating. Complex issues have to be analysed collectively considering all possible factors and the degree to which each factor influences the individual. Also note that in alot of cases it is the individual and not his/her environment. Like in the columbine case Eric Harris was found to be a psychopath after an in depth psychological study. After the columbine shootings took place eveyone was making black an white assumptions and pointing fingers at the parents, or society, or videogames etc. I think people were trying to find closure by just putting the blame on something instead of looking at the whole situation. Thats why i think everything should be looked at more carefully.

nikolas

HSC
Iron said:
I read a study last year that said that on some gta-type game, the graphics were so good that those surveyed actually registered something like guilt when they pummelled some hooker's ass with a baseball bat
So? People would feel sorry for a hooker getting beat in a movie as well....

BAN MOVIES WITH HOOKAH BEATING

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
badquinton304 said:
Ah yes the old black and white arguement, That would hold true in the assumptions that a child would be exposed to violent content at all times besides sleeping and eating. Complex issues have to be analysed collectively considering all possible factors and the degree to which each factor influences the individual. Also note that in alot of cases it is the individual and not his/her environment. Like in the columbine case Eric Harris was found to be a psychopath after an in depth psychological study. After the columbine shootings took place eveyone was making black an white assumptions and pointing fingers at the parents, or society, or videogames etc. I think people were trying to find closure by just putting the blame on something instead of looking at the whole situation. Thats why i think everything should be looked at more carefully.
Whilst i agree that the reasons for the columbine shooting were very complex, it is poor form to say eric harris was a psychopath and this is why it happened.

1. He was never diagnosed with it, this was post humorous bullshit.
2. he was too young anyway, its unethical to diagnose a minor with psychopathy, the worst you can do is conduct disorder.
3. Even if he was, psychopaths are, contrary to popular opinion, not all killers.

They arent even all violent, the disease is far too complex to be able to take the blame, and the situation was too complex to be explained by one factor.

Its possible that violent games and music had some sort of effect on them as they were allready messed up people, but this doesnt mean that the effect extends to the general public. EVERYONE plays games, every single person i know has played a game where the objective is the kill. how many people do you know are killers?

what we should be discussing is why there isnt an R18 rating or above for games in australia, movies get it, why cant we?

nikolas

HSC
Serius said:
Whilst i agree that the reasons for the columbine shooting were very complex, it is poor form to say eric harris was a psychopath and this is why it happened.

2. he was too young anyway, its unethical to diagnose a minor with psychopathy, the worst you can do is conduct disorder.
3. Even if he was, psychopaths are, contrary to popular opinion, not all killers.

They arent even all violent, the disease is far too complex to be able to take the blame, and the situation was too complex to be explained by one factor.

Its possible that violent games and music had some sort of effect on them as they were allready messed up people, but this doesnt mean that the effect extends to the general public. EVERYONE plays games, every single person i know has played a game where the objective is the kill. how many people do you know are killers?

what we should be discussing is why there isnt an R18 rating or above for games in australia, movies get it, why cant we?
Im pretty sure the r18 games just get banned. There was one game in particular, forgot what its called, not allowed to be sold in aus and POSSESSION is illegal in New Zealand.

*Edit-remembered the game is called Manhunt.

also here's a related link to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games

Last edited:

9deuce

MADE
HSC
Stupid parents make kids violent.

Why the fuck would you buy your children MA15+ games/movies or music?
And parents should monitor what their kids are watching, playing and listening to.

Running people over in GTA IV was funny.
The way your bumper and bonnet crumpled and the windshield cracked LOL!

mick135

HSC
im gonna make like switzerland and stay neutral on the whole thing

violent music and violent video games do have effects on people, like now that saw V came out, it was probably more violent than the first, but the effect it had was no where near as bad as the first - thats because i've seen 3 more inbetween (still gotta love the twists though)
so, my tolerance for violence has been increased.
but it could also impact on my nature, making it more violent - right?

while others just like the beat and the action.
gotta say, bad boys 2 was "violent" - but a funny as hell movie haha

what about nature shows? - those aren't freaking computer generated images of a lion tearing the throat out of some deer-like critter...

badquinton304

HSC
Serius said:

Of course it was not just because he was a psychopath. It was because he was a psychopath and because he had experienced a bit of bulling chuck and had a friend who was emotionally unstable, an intrest in guns, add salt and pepper then you have a massacre.

achowdhury

ka pow poww
HSC
If that was the case, every kid that watched an episode of CSI would be killing their parents the morning after.

rasengan90

HSC
There is apparently a direct link to actual violent activity and violent activity in the human brain through chemicals and the like, but whether it actually causes violence i think is pretty hard to determine.

HSC
well they certainly dont make them peaceful, if anything they desensitize them. Anyone who says otherwise is a tard

HSC
to the tard named serenius, are you trying to say he wasnt a psychopath? i think killing several people means you are a psychopath

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)