Volunteering for students (1 Viewer)

ilikeschool

HSC
Hi,

I'm starting up a new volunteer group in Sydney called Youth for Youth Australia, in which young people meet to create, organise and initiate programmes to help out in the community. The focus is on youth helping Australian youth, however any other ideas for programs will be considered. Our first meeting will be in Term 3, either Tuesday 20th or Thursday 22nd July. Initially there will be two locations - Redfern and Kogarah, however if there is enough interest we will be able to start meetings in other locations.

Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, learn about how less fortunate people live, meet new people and make new friends. Also, it is a great addition to any resume and after one term participation with Youth for Youth Australia we would be happy to supply you with a reference.

Through Youth For Youth Australia you can gain experience in event coordination, management, marketing, promotions and team work, as well as many other program specific areas. If you are interested in attending Youth for Youth meetings please either reply to this post, email youthforyouthaustralia@gmail.com or add us on Facebook. The meetings are open to students from years 7-12, and administrators/facilitators who have finished high school are also required.

Hope to hear from you and don't forget to tell your friends!

FlipX

HSC
Have you considered rallying support with existing groups instead of starting your own?

My feeling is that having too many groups with good intentions will dilute the overall effort and hamper effectiveness...

HSC
N/A
i think it's more of a

'chairman/president of my own charity' ego/resume boost
more then anything.

really, there are already quite a number of well established charities.
if you were really in it, you'd be in one of those, rallying to cover a niche if there is one.

FlipX

HSC
i think it's more of a

'chairman/president of my own charity' ego/resume boost
more then anything.

really, there are already quite a number of well established charities.
if you were really in it, you'd be in one of those, rallying to cover a niche if there is one.
Bingo. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)