Volvos (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
For those of you playing at home, I've decided I'll be getting either a saab 9-3 vector or a volvo C70 coupe. Budget is 14k even, which will be had in 3-4 months. Looking as early as 98 for a volvo or 03 for the saab (which still come in a bit cheaper despite age and KM readings). A bit over 2k for comprehensive on both, almost identical greenslips.

From what I've gathered through the last 3 weeks of intensive research, running costs are almost identical and they're pretty reliable. Nowwwwww we just play the waiting game.
Tough call. Why are you focussing on the old Euros may I ask? If it were me I'd probably go for the Saab- newer car, less stigma, and IMO looks better than the old Volvo coupe which is very boxy. Without doing my own research into this, how has Saab's demise affected the price (has it fallen considerably?) as well as the availability of parts/service? This would also be a key determinant for me.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

and

like them both really. Hadn't been keeping an eye on Saab prices (Kwayera's harping made me look at them only recently) but they do seem to have taken a hit in terms of value - either that or they've always been bargains. Parts and Warranty appear to be unaffected though, which is great.

I had a list of all the cars I was considering. Wanted a sedan (pref 4 door but don't really care that much), decent power plant and every power option available. A couple of others I had in there were the Liberty, Accord Euro and Mazda 6. Ultimately it came down to a numbers game, wanted (yes wanted, not needed) a bit more power than the japs (or anything in an NA guise) offered, then it was just a matter of what fit in the budget.

The problem I found with the japs was the resale was too high. Options and engines I wanted were just out of reach (or well out in the case of the liberty). Was looking at a lot of repairs in a few months for the most part.

The C70 had held it's price quite well, but I was looking at something later than 2002. Saabs, however, held no resale whatsoever, which is why I'm looking at a 03-04 model which would've grabbed a bit more than 40k new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)