Voting at 16 (1 Viewer)

Should Australians over the age of sixteen be allowed voting rights?

• Total voters

powlmao

Banned
HSC
compulsory voting is fucking retarded
+1

Agreed

When people dont give a fuck about voting, they vote for Pauline Hanson to avoid the fine, and then what happens is we get a fucking racist troll bitch in parliament

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
What do you think makes Pauline Hanson racist in particular?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What do you think makes Pauline Hanson racist in particular?
I think it's the racism

"You are nothing but an ungrateful, treacherous, yellow slanty-eyed little Vietnamese whore. We have had enough of your lot with their drug peddling and crime. So piss off now".

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
When people dont give a fuck about voting, they vote for Pauline Hanson to avoid the fine, and then what happens is we get a fucking racist troll bitch in parliament
whitetopia

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I think it's the racism

"You are nothing but an ungrateful, treacherous, yellow slanty-eyed little Vietnamese whore. We have had enough of your lot with their drug peddling and crime. So piss off now".
I wasn't defending her. She's obviously a giant nut job, but quotes like the above always amuse me. Especially when she's complaining about not being taken seriously.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
+1

Agreed

Except the fact is that that didn't happen under compulsory voting.

Way to negate yourself dipshit.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Blastus, wrong lol :p

And j_urhig, it is concerning that Pauline Hanson gets any votes. So I agree with you :)
the fact that you say wrong lol

means you have no right to fucking vote

and I don't fucking vote

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
+1

Agreed

you are also dumb don't post

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
I think it's the racism

yeah but her economic and social pol-

oh yeah

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
there will be no voting on the seasteads

eja2000

HSC
Personally, I don't feel that the voting age should be lowered at all. Many have argued that votiting at 16 should be optional, because only the people that are politically passionate in that age group would vote. Let's not forget the vast majority of people who would necessarily be voting at that age would be doing so sheerly because of parental pressure to share parents votes.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
personally I think voting should be optional or even possibly illegal

Garygaz

HSC
voting should be optional. see when it was brought up that 16 year olds should be able to vote, i immediately thought back to year 10 and the amount of dead-shit/fucking idiots we had in our year. the idea of them having a say on our political institutions makes me mad. then i thought, wait a second, the fact is they still are more than likely drooling idiots today.

summary: people are dumb and it saddens me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)