VSU Rally vs. Tuts and Lectures? (2 Viewers)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I ahve some 3 tuts tomorrow after 12 and 2 of them have compulsory attendence requirements. Will i get in trouble if i do join the rally and no go to the tut? I have heard that the dean's supporting the rally and they aint gonna take attendence and other stuff like that. But i aint really sure.

Would anyone know what the deal is?

Generator

HSC
N/A
You will not be penalised if you attend the rally rather than a class, but there is no harm in confirming that with your tutor if you do not exactly trust us here on the forum.

Last edited:

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
arghh... i have a listening test during the rally :/
i suppose i can't really miss something assessable!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
did u just want to miss a class or do you really wanna rally? :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
just remember that usyd union and usyd are completely different two entities...
usu can say u dun get penalised, but usyd can still penalise u... unless they reached some sort of agreement...

i am not infering anything, make ur own decisions...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The relevant deans all support the rally, so I believe that usyd will not penalise anyone taking part.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
All students are granted dispensation for classes after 12pm tommorow - ie. you don't have to go and you won't get punished. Its been published everywhere - in the Bull and in Honi Soit.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sarah168 said:
did u just want to miss a class or do you really wanna rally? :p
People who do that should be shot for not realising going home is a far better alternative.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
withoutaface said:
People who do that should be shot for not realising going home is a far better alternative.
Or they could rally and save USU. I find it amusing when people are like
"as if I'm going to rally, I'll just go to Wentworth while it's on"
"But Wentworth will be closed"
"Well then I'll go to Manning"
"Manning will be closed"
"Well then where am I meant to eat?"
"Pretty much nowhere"
"But what about Donut King
"The whole building will be closed"
"What about the toilets?"
"You can use the old dodgy ones that came with the uni, but they won't be cleaned"

Everyone at some stage uses USU facilities.

And to you Justin, don't try and tell us you don't. We've seen you in Wentworth.

Cab31

HSC
at my uni they told us that if vsu comes in and it means we dont have to pay guild fees, they will slap us with an even more expensive building levy (or something along the lines of that). I mean seriously it all ends up being that we have to pay money anyway. I'd rather see the student guild get money than the building fund (or whatever they are trying to call it).

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Cab31 said:
at my uni they told us that if vsu comes in and it means we dont have to pay guild fees, they will slap us with an even more expensive building levy (or something along the lines of that). I mean seriously it all ends up being that we have to pay money anyway. I'd rather see the student guild get money than the building fund (or whatever they are trying to call it).
Except to do that would violate the law and cause the reduction in funding. It is more likely to just up your fees by $100 and give $100 to the uni :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
yulia said:
Or they could rally and save USU. I find it amusing when people are like
"as if I'm going to rally, I'll just go to Wentworth while it's on"
"But Wentworth will be closed"
"Well then I'll go to Manning"
"Manning will be closed"
"Well then where am I meant to eat?"
"Pretty much nowhere"
"But what about Donut King
"The whole building will be closed"
"What about the toilets?"
"You can use the old dodgy ones that came with the uni, but they won't be cleaned"

Everyone at some stage uses USU facilities.

And to you Justin, don't try and tell us you don't. We've seen you in Wentworth.
*points to Broadway Shopping Centre about 50m from the front gate
I've eaten in Wentworth 3 times in the six and a half weeks I've been at uni, and I've visited Manning once since uni started. And what's wrong with the toilets in Carslaw, Wallace etc? Yes I use union facilities, but I use them fairly sparingly, and that's besides the point.
People who don't support a cause shouldn't be marching for the free food or comedians or bands or whatever. This is an misuse of funds (not to mention manipulation of facts to get people on their side in the first place) by the union in order to skew some attendance figures which will mean little in the end anyway, because no matter how hard the union tries, VSU will be passed.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The toilets in Carslaw I would avoid.

I agree however, about what cause the students (mainly from UNSW, UTS) are marching for, since at USYD they don't have to march to later get the food :p

Rorix

HSC
Oh noes I use USU facilities which make money for the USU anyway.

So?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Oh and as of 45 minutes after the rally started Donut King, the Chemist, and another shop on the walkway through part of Wentworth were open.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
fuk u, all u selfish ralliers

fist a guy comes in and interrupts our lec to tell us about it
then it comes over library p.a system while i'm trying to work
and then i gotta wait half an hour getting home on cleveland st. cause u selfish active monority are attention seeking fucks

there was a fukn ambulence that couldn't even get through
selfish shits, take u and your preaching followers elsewhere

i hope usu crashes and burns, some of us happen to be at uni to learn to support australia's future, not bludge class and rally against the government...u r all so paranoid, u think the govt is doing it just because they can and to not be on your side, get over your rebel adolescent urges and grow up.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
fuk u, all u selfish ralliers

fist a guy comes in and interrupts our lec to tell us about it
then it comes over library p.a system while i'm trying to work
and then i gotta wait half an hour getting home on cleveland st. cause u selfish active monority are attention seeking fucks

there was a fukn ambulence that couldn't even get through
selfish shits, take u and your preaching followers elsewhere

i hope usu crashes and burns, some of us happen to be at uni to learn to support australia's future, not bludge class and rally against the government...u r all so paranoid, u think the govt is doing it just because they can and to not be on your side, get over your rebel adolescent urges and grow up.
You can't deny it's fun making smartass comments to people who assume you're ignorant and/or support their cause though.:p

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
p.s. every police officer i spoke to today was mocking the shit out of the ralliers
they think its a bloody joke wat the kids of today protest about...the govt is ther to run the country, if u don't like it, leave the country.

and yes withoutaface, there's nothing i like better :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)