WarCraft Frozen Throne Plz Help!!! (1 Viewer)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Plz help. i got wc3 n frozen today n installed it perfectly. however wen i dl the ne patch to get into battlenet, after it fully downloads it, it says that there has been an error. i uninstalled n reinstalled it 3 times n same shit happened. What should i do, plz help.

P

pLuvia

I have encountered this before, don't reinstall etc, just download ALL the patches up to 1.20 and it should work from there. Don't just download 1.20 and install it, it won't work

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/

Here's all the patches, I don't think you can download all of them at the same time so just be patient. Some patches are as little as 50kb or as big as 50 mb :D

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
sunny said:
You should be more specific. What error? What sort of patch?
well wen i finished downloadin the new update of frozen throne before i get into battlenet, it says "update has been successfully downloaded. Press Restart to restart wc3" n wen i press restart it says "BNUpdate has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. if you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. "

then it says to report the error to microsoft.

so now im gona try Pluvia advice n dl all the patches hope it works. thx guyz. anymore advices r much appreciated

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
pLuvia said:
I have encountered this before, don't reinstall etc, just download ALL the patches up to 1.20 and it should work from there. Don't just download 1.20 and install it, it won't work

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/

Here's all the patches, I don't think you can download all of them at the same time so just be patient. Some patches are as little as 50kb or as big as 50 mb :D
wait, dis is gona sound stupid. but i only dl the english versions right not the ALL of the other languages right ?

P

pLuvia

MeehShanku said:
wait, dis is gona sound stupid. but i only dl the english versions right not the ALL of the other languages right ?
Whatever language you want your war3 to be in :p

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Damnit! i dl every patch there was from 1.11 to 1.20. n it still says the same thing that BNET has a problem. i think it has to do somthin wif my TCP/IP protocol.

im usin broadband with a netcomm modem. (NB5 ADSL - 2modem Router)
i went:

- my computer
- properties
- Hardware tab
- device manager
- (and under) Network adapters there is a bright yellow spot wif an exclaimation mark on Bluetooth device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI). It says device cannot start (Code 10) wat does this mean?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Bluetooth has no relation to Warcraft III. Ignore it. The problem should also have no relation to your TCP/IP protocol. It sounds like the error is internal, within the patch file itself.

Try uninstalling Frozen Throne and Warcraft, reinstalling both, and then manually applying patch 1.20 (i.e. download it from the Blizzard site and apply it yourself by running the executable. Also, try using a different web browser to download it - the file may be corrupted due to a dodgy compiling by the browser you're using. Make sure the download is uninterrupted). See if that works instead. The patch file must also be downloaded to the same disk/partition as Warcraft III itself (so you can't install off a memory key).

When I patched Warcraft, I moved from 1.0 to 1.17 to 1.20, and had no errors. If all else fails, try that. :p

If you can get it working though, you've made a good choice. Warcraft III and Frozen Throne are superb RTSs. :D

I_F

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
insert-username said:
Bluetooth has no relation to Warcraft III. Ignore it. The problem should also have no relation to your TCP/IP protocol. It sounds like the error is internal, within the patch file itself.

Try uninstalling Frozen Throne and Warcraft, reinstalling both, and then manually applying patch 1.20 (i.e. download it from the Blizzard site and apply it yourself by running the executable. Also, try using a different web browser to download it - the file may be corrupted due to a dodgy compiling by the browser you're using. Make sure the download is uninterrupted). See if that works instead. The patch file must also be downloaded to the same disk/partition as Warcraft III itself (so you can't install off a memory key).

When I patched Warcraft, I moved from 1.0 to 1.17 to 1.20, and had no errors. If all else fails, try that. :p

If you can get it working though, you've made a good choice. Warcraft III and Frozen Throne are superb RTSs. :D

I_F
wat do u mean by different web browser ? Coz wen i go to dl the patch, i click on save n it goes into save as in my documents. do u mean like chang ethe place where i save it eg: DATA D: or Local Disk C ?

P

pLuvia

I don't think the place where you save it matters

Go to the Blizzard Site and go to the technical support section, their should be something there

It's really strange in your case :confused:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
By web browser, I mean Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. Try using a different one.

I_F

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
MeehShanku said:
Plz help. i got wc3 n frozen today n installed it perfectly. however wen i dl the ne patch to get into battlenet, after it fully downloads it, it says that there has been an error. i uninstalled n reinstalled it 3 times n same shit happened. What should i do, plz help.
u did buy this game didnt you? like it is an original?

just saying because you know, the cd u are installing with could be a legal copied backup cd of the original game that you own because you dont want to damage the original cd *wink*

cause if it is the aforementioned, then there is plenty to do that will help cause using a backup cd does cause problems, you need to use a crack etc.

when u get online u can try using the server Bored Aussies.. thats the australian server that also has the added benefit of not checking cd keys and what not, so u can play with your legal backup of your game *wink*

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Na its all KOOOOOLLLL!!!! i finally got it working. And yes the two cds r legit. Man i soooo happy. Took me about 4 dayz to finally dl the patch v.20 n yea i dl from the aussie one. Anywayz just wanted to say thanku to all u ppl for actually tryin to help me. much appreciated. list of ppl to long, so u no who u guyz r. Cheers!!!!
And oh Dota rulzzzzz!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)