Warnings/advice please! (1 Viewer)

heyhsc

HSC
Wasted my whole holidays, didn't start working until yesterday.. Yes, i regret so much but now's not the time for regret but the time to cram through all the work.
Feels like my grades are pretty shit for everything but I will start working hard now. Not expecting amazing atar but just hoping for a decent course at UNSW.

Here are my ranks from Prelim Yearly Report and can you guys please give me advice/warnings on how i am doing? Especially if you are done and over with HSC! (Eg. Subjects i need to improve asap)
I didn't try hard last year at all :(.. Regretting so much! [My school is ranked between 15-20]

Eng Advanced: 68% 143/179
Mathematics: 85% 68/159
Ext1 Maths: 62% 78/125
Physics: 65% 13/41
Biz Studies: 88% 20/35
Economics: 72% 50/76
Chinese Heritage: 84% 12/38

I dropped economics and picked up ext2 maths but I am probably going to drop it as I got 40% for my test while the average is 70%.. (That's a right choice right?)
I always think to myself that I should never have dropped economics but things can't go back.

Thanks so much!!

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Advice: Go to sleep.
This.

Also, you can't change last year so forget about it, just focus on making the most of this year.
You're far from unsalvageable, you just need to be willing to put in the time and effort to commit fully and really push yourself

Good luck

heyhsc

HSC
thanks! i want to sleep too.. that coffee was a mistake. i do think now that full recovery and concentrating hardcore > allnighter at 60% fuel

how did u guys go in hsc?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Hey :)

Don't worry, we've only just started our first exams. Chances are their weighting aren't too much. PICK yourself up now!!

As for MX2. Work your butt off right now! See how you go in the next couple of tests. Don't worry about that mark/rank as you go to a relatively good school. If you reckon you can get 85+ in the hsc (considering that you can get that with like ~70/120 raw) then keep it.

My advice now: Get the FUCK off this site/other forms of procrastination :) (tough <3)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

As exxagerated as it my seem, this vid fits well with my first part. (the weighting of your exams)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Who is commentating....?
He sounds inexperienced spiral ^^" and I believe a lot of the information he is communicating is stuff you should already know but I guess it can be informative for beginners or people who don't understand how HSC works.

But @heyhsc: Yes, remember what the person said in that video. It is still possible to get a band 6 and that's taking into account the worst case scenario. As many people above have already mentioned and I'll emphasise with them, study consistently and put 100%. This is because no matter what happens after HSC whether you get a 70 or a 99.95, you can realise you've put in all the effort you could and you'll leave with no regrets whatsoever. Good luck with it!

mike12345678

HSC
btw the guy is the video ^ is a tutor or owner of the alpha omega tutoring company

jane bubble

HSC
I studies in these holidays, but i didn't really go ahead for any subject, as i tried to consolidate all what we have done. Will this effect me?

sweetkiki

Unconscious Member
HSC
N/A
lol don't dwell on prelim marks
98% of the time they don't correlate to hsc marks

my advice, listen to his:
and chill the heck out

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Wasted my whole holidays, didn't start working until yesterday.. Yes, i regret so much but now's not the time for regret but the time to cram through all the work.
Feels like my grades are pretty shit for everything but I will start working hard now. Not expecting amazing atar but just hoping for a decent course at UNSW.

Here are my ranks from Prelim Yearly Report and can you guys please give me advice/warnings on how i am doing? Especially if you are done and over with HSC! (Eg. Subjects i need to improve asap)
I didn't try hard last year at all :(.. Regretting so much! [My school is ranked between 15-20]

Eng Advanced: 68% 143/179
Mathematics: 85% 68/159
Ext1 Maths: 62% 78/125
Physics: 65% 13/41
Biz Studies: 88% 20/35
Economics: 72% 50/76
Chinese Heritage: 84% 12/38

I dropped economics and picked up ext2 maths but I am probably going to drop it as I got 40% for my test while the average is 70%.. (That's a right choice right?)
I always think to myself that I should never have dropped economics but things can't go back.

Thanks so much!!
man your marks are pretty good but somehow the rank isnt that good (such as maths, 85% gets you ranked 68 and even for business studies) what school is this?

Bobbo1

HSC
It's still early days and ANYTHING is possible so just keep working hard from now and you should be fine. Most people won't study as well throughout this holidays so you shouldn't be too disadvantaged. Good luck :)

heyhsc

HSC
I was looking at my half yearly report and thought i might as well update this

Eng Advanced: 80/161
Mathematics: 61/106
Ext1 Maths: 92/107
Physics: 11/26
Biz Studies: 8/31
Chinese Heritage: Not sure yet

ernestcuellar

HSC
I want to sleep too, that coffee was a mistake. I do think now that full recovery and concentrating hardcore allnighter at 60% fuel.
Thanks!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
God.

There are so many in your year.

I have 88 students in my Cohort, 7 in my economics class and 10 in legal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)