Was it ok if u disagreed with section 3's statement? (1 Viewer)

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Olympus15 said:
Disagreeing's fine but to me its almost always logical to agree. If you disagree you can significantly fall down an abyss in your writing from which there is no end. Play it safe, agree.
You must jump off the harbour bridge tonight and kill yourself. Do you agree?

suchi29

HSC
i agreed, but i guess aslong as your stong about it .. its all about tht isnt it.. but ye i guess it also depends on ur type of journey..

_

bobdylanscuz

HSC
sdx91 said:
I said that in P.S case, the immigrants do not need a strong human spirit when they are undertaking their journey but in my related text Castaway, Chuck needs a strong human spirit to survive.. etc.. don't know if its right lol.

So I said it some cases it is and some it isn't.. but oh well..
Yeah although in P.S case you do need a strong human spirit for they are embarking on apprenhesive journey and this theme apprehension is sustained throughout the poems and obv P.S family made it through the harsh times thus showing that no matter the journey you have to be strong to make it.. oh and in 'Immigrants at central station the line "time ran along on glistening tracks of steel" or something has connotations of hope.

spiii

HSC
doesnt matter whether you guys agreed or disagreed...loll...
as long as u had evidence to back up your statements your sweet.
i agreed only because of the fact that with my supplementary texts it was the strong human spirit that allowed them to continue through their journey and not give up.

respect90

HSC
berger69 said:
okay i just called hsc advice line

they said it was almost critical to AGREE with the quote

im screwed now...i disagreed!!!
The HSC advice line said that because their is more to discuss if you agree with it. If you disagree, do not go in depth about reasons for why it is not true.

I disagreed with it but i didn't exactly express it like that. I said that a strong human spirit is not necessary upon embarking on a journey, however it can come as a result of it due to the changes which can occur throughout the journey, in regards to values, morals, beliefs and individual characteristics.

Just as long as you don't say you disagree and just leave it at that without justifying why, you are fine. Just don't make it seem like your arguement is factual, because they hate it when you say yes it's true or no it's not because everyone's interpretation is different.

croucher131

HSC
yeah i disagreed using different examples of different levels of human spirit having the strongest to weakest of humans going on journeys

nublet554

HSC
My sister who got like 100 in extension 1 a few years ago helped me do all my texts and shit over the year, and she also did the paper for me when i got home to help me out (yer shes awesome).

She said it was discuss the statement so u have to agree and disagree. She agreed stong spirit can lead to meaningful journeys and allow the traveller to overcome harder obstacles, and also lead to a more meaningful outcome with growth such as rabbit proof fence.

She then disagreed and said it isnt always vital for journeys though, as even no spirit can lead to a journey. She gave an example from Kite Runner book how a friend sees his friend being ra ped and doesnt help, so he goes on a journey that separates him from his friend and down a path in life he isnt proud of.

She also talked about the catalyst of journeys, and if they involve spirit the journey is more meaningful, represented by the spirit bird at beginning and seeing it when she is in moore river settlement and in the desert. Something like that

i think thats how they wanted u to do it for physical journeys. hope it helps.

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
i think with any hsc question, it is better to agree, because alot of people will agree, and their arguments (which the hsc marker will read prior to marking yours) is bound to be stronger than yours..unles you are shakespeare..but nevertheless, you can also say, 'despite this', this isnt always true, or if it was a legal eessay, talk bout the 'limitations'..but ye, positive marking should save you, they dont giv a fuk bout the question, its a showcase of your knowledge on the topic...so even if answering the question is in the outcomes, im sure they werent be too fusy about it as long as you actually answer the question lol..

henry08

HSC
N/A
nublet554 said:
My sister who got like 100 in extension 1 a few years ago helped me do all my texts and shit over the year, and she also did the paper for me when i got home to help me out (yer shes awesome).

She said it was discuss the statement so u have to agree and disagree. She agreed stong spirit can lead to meaningful journeys and allow the traveller to overcome harder obstacles, and also lead to a more meaningful outcome with growth such as rabbit proof fence.

She then disagreed and said it isnt always vital for journeys though, as even no spirit can lead to a journey. She gave an example from Kite Runner book how a friend sees his friend being ra ped and doesnt help, so he goes on a journey that separates him from his friend and down a path in life he isnt proud of.

She also talked about the catalyst of journeys, and if they involve spirit the journey is more meaningful, represented by the spirit bird at beginning and seeing it when she is in moore river settlement and in the desert. Something like that

i think thats how they wanted u to do it for physical journeys. hope it helps.
How come if she done extension English that she done physical journeys, part of the English standard course?

HSC
henry08 said:
How come if she done extension English that she done physical journeys, part of the English standard course?

[FONT=&quot]I do 4U, I did dumbdumb physical journzzz[/FONT]

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
^^^ Both Advanced and Standard classes could choose any form of journey they/teacher wanted...there isn't a specific one allotted to each.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I never knew that. So a standard class could do imagiantive journeys etc?

steban

violin dude
HSC
henry08 said:
I never knew that. So a standard class could do imagiantive journeys etc?
yeah..

but imaginative is perceived to be tougher..hence usually advanced study it, and standard study physical

but anyone can study anything

maybe thats why the new area of study has no focus, just one big concept of belonging

henry08

HSC
N/A
So if physical journeys is easeier, why don't advanved students study it?

LoneWolf1990

HSC
henry08 said:
So if physical journeys is easeier, why don't advanved students study it?
Dude, I was in Advanced and we actually study physical journeys(Skrzynecki).

revanchist

HSC
I agreed with it, basically my stance was that a strong human spirit allows for things like learning and growth, for being able to travel alone, and being able to overcome hardships brought by the journey. Even if you didn't prepare for that particular point, it was a simple matter of saying that your points relate to having a stong human spirit, so obviouly it's essential.
English was/is 90% bs.

Nuclear

HSC
Of course it's ok.

You are not marked on your views, but on how well you compose a logical and sequential argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)