Was Sydney Boys forced to redo the 2009 HSC math exam? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We were forced to redo our 2009 Trial 3U Maths exam. It got leaked the night before, all over the internet.
It wasn't the HSC.

Why does it matter? How did you find out?

HSC
We were forced to redo our 2009 Trial 3U Maths exam. It got leaked the night before, all over the internet.
It wasn't the HSC.

Who got their hands on it? I want to meet this person lol

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, a heap of people got the exam emailed to them the night before from a "hushmail account" auto206440@hushmail.com.

Yer...

You peeps dont noe me but i got my hands on dis when i was snooping
around in your guys trash(how cum you guys are only throwing out
boxes and paper?).

nerly set off an alarm last nite gettin dat

its up at stashbox.org : free anonymous file hosting for your eyes to see.

Gossip Girl

xo
We're still trying to find out who it was....

HSC
I was the mastermind behind the leakage.
I was the ex principal of Sydney Boys.

MAY YOUR LARGE (and pretty) SCHOOL GROUNDS BURN.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Noone from our grade really cares anymore. We've all finished HSC and all. We just wanna know who spread it around, and how they got the exam paper in the first place. :confused:

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Somewhat weird. To find out who it was is almost impossible unless he/she/they confess

shaon0

HSC
It wasn't the HSC.

Yeah, i've heard about that.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Was the supplementary trial exam much different than this one that was leaked?

Did you get your marks for the leaked trial exam?

How long did they take to re write the trial?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Was the supplementary trial exam much different than this one that was leaked?
I'm assuming supplementary = the one we did in the exam hall the first time round. They were all exactly the same questions except one of the Perms and Combs where the wording got tweaked a bit.

If you're referring to the difference between the actual Trial and the actual Re-Trial, they were based on the same topics (all of 3U, pretty much), but totally different exams.

Did you get your marks for the leaked trial exam?
No. But you could guess. Some people did better. Some people did worse. The guy who thought he got 84/84 in the first Trial got 84/84 in the second Trial. Just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

How long did they take to re write the trial?
Our 3U Trial was on the Monday. We had the Re-Trial on Friday of the same week.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I'm assuming supplementary = the one we did in the exam hall the first time round. They were all exactly the same questions except one of the Perms and Combs where the wording got tweaked a bit.
Nah, Supplementary = 2nd one.

Our 3U Trial was on the Monday. We had the Re-Trial on Friday of the same week.
Ahh okay... Would've sucked to be the teachers re writing the trial in such a short timeframe :p Unless of course they used an external paper, which I don't think Sydney Boys do.

Did the teachers have any idea as to how it got leaked?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Did the teachers have any idea as to how it got leaked?
Nah, but it's become a bit of an urban legend at my school. English teachers laugh at how 'stupid' the Maths staff are to have let it leaked. Social Science and History asked everyone of their students if they did it. Every Year 12 (Class of 09) gets stopped in the corridor by the Year 10s and 11s - and being asked if we were the ones that leaked it. Was pretty funny all over (except for the people that did well in the first exam, but then stuffed up the "Re-Trial".

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I mean, you'd be pretty stupid to try your best in a trial that you knew was leaked/sent to the whole year group in hopes that the teacher wouldn't find out lol.

But, did someone tell the teacher about the leaked trial. Or did the teachers also get an email? oO

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I mean, you'd be pretty stupid to try your best in a trial that you knew was leaked/sent to the whole year group in hopes that the teacher wouldn't find out lol.
I'm guessing the person who leaked it wasn't a 3/4U kid. Or at the very least, I'm hoping it isn't. I'd hope that if a 3/4U kid did get it, they'd have the common sense to keep it to themselves and get full marks themselves....

But, did someone tell the teacher about the leaked trial. Or did the teachers also get an email? oO
Nah, we did the exam....but there was a lot of giggling and just fidgeting that exam. Then once we got outside, all our teachers were there (as per usual, all the teachers wait outside the exam room to ask us how we went etc), and everyone just blabbed. So they knew about the exam paper within 20 seconds of the first few guys leaving the exam room. :p

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Then once we got outside, all our teachers were there (as per usual, all the teachers wait outside the exam room to ask us how we went etc), and everyone just blabbed.
lol, teachers are never outside our exam hall after any exam so maybe it would've worked if it happened at our school... hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)