Was Text 3, Section 1 a Dog or Human?? (1 Viewer)

Was it text 3(the poem) from section 1 about a dog or human??

• Total voters

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Re: The Poem Was About A Dog?

"dragging my nose behind me"

I was like WTF!

TomTomtruck

HSC

I said extended metaphor, but im just saying can't really bash on someone because of their opinion : /

HSC

if you didn't know what an extended metaphor was then i would question what you've been doing in school for the past 6 years

tom.... case in point - in our half yearlies we were asked what the "a factor" was, and everyone that interpreted it wrong did not get full marks no matter how well you supported you claim

it's a 3 mark question, if you thought it was a dog but supported your argument you will get 2 for techniques and 0 for "what reflections"

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
if you didn't know what an extended metaphor was then i would question what you've been doing in school for the past 6 years

tom.... case in point - in our half yearlies we were asked what the "a factor" was, and everyone that interpreted it wrong did not get full marks no matter how well you supported you claim

it's a 3 mark question, if you thought it was a dog but supported your argument you will get 2 for techniques and 0 for "what reflections"
well i dont share your point of veiw, i suppose when the notes from the marking centre come out all will be revealed.

TomTomtruck

HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
if you didn't know what an extended metaphor was then i would question what you've been doing in school for the past 6 years"
Don't know if this was directed at me or just in general, but if so i already said that i used that in my answer.

So yeah i know what it is, i wasn't just guessing.

Edit: forgot to reply to your answer XD

A factor is set in stone, you cant really interpret that. Its like interpeting an object. But a poem has many varied interpretations, so you can't really compare the two.

Last edited:
HSC

-may-cat- said:
well i dont share your point of veiw, i suppose when the notes from the marking centre come out all will be revealed.
share my view on the marking thing?

it's not really my view, it's just how it's done... as soon as you say dog you're already in the mediocore pile (for that question). it's the sad fact of the hsc,

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

TomTomtruck said:
Don't know if this was directed at me or just in general, but if so i already said that i used that in my answer.

it was not directed at you.

HSC

TomTomtruck said:

nah it was a general statement

lol may-cat beat me to it

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
share my view on the marking thing?

it's not really my view, it's just how it's done... as soon as you say dog you're already in the mediocore pile (for that question). it's the sad fact of the hsc,
you do not mark hsc. i do not agree with you, that is it.

HSC

no but i know how the hsc is marked because my teachers mark it, this is what we were told before and after the exam.... if you didn't say it was a dog then it shouldnt affect you anyway, but like i said it's just 3 marks

TomTomtruck

HSC

@Nirvana

I did an edit on my last reply seeing as i forgot to reply to your actual answer, loLXD, but here it is anyway:

A factor is set in stone, you cant really interpret that. Its like interpeting an object. But a poem has many varied interpretations, so you can't really compare the two

HSC

i was referring to "a factor" in the text that we used.... there was some explanation of it in the text

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
no but i know how the hsc is marked because my teachers mark it, this is what we were told before and after the exam.... if you didn't say it was a dog then it shouldnt affect you anyway, but like i said it's just 3 marks
you were told about how to answer a specific question before the exam what now?

EDIT- u no what fuck it, im not going to agree with you anyway.

TomTomtruck

HSC

nirvanafreak02 said:
i was referring to "a factor" in the text that we used.... there was some explanation of it in the text
Oh i see, but i still think its too situational to compare, but to each his own.

HSC

-may-cat- said:
you were told about how to answer a specific question before the exam what now?

EDIT- u no what fuck it, im not going to agree with you anyway.
i can't remember what i wrote, but i was implying a type of question ie comprehension ones

yeah we're pretty much set in stone in what we believe

out of curiousity what school do you go to?

TomTomtruck said:
each his own.
agreed.

Last edited:

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC

Extended metaphor of what? Don't just tell me its an extended metaphor...my teachers would tackle you.

Manserd

HSC

-may-cat- said:
Its not an essay, it does not require you to fully understand every aspect of the text, just the specific part it asks for. If the reflections are from a dogs point of veiw, but they are still damn good reflection responses, i see no reason why they shouldnt get full marks. Texts can be interpreted very differently, people are still arguing about shit like this with hamlet.
No, they're not. The poem was not from a dog's perspective. It was from a human's perspective, who used the metaphor of being a dog in some brief parts to enhance how he perceived the new Darwin.

danielclark

HSC

if you guys all thought about it that much to see that it was a dog, your all fucked, go and study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)