Was Text 3, Section 1 a Dog or Human?? (1 Viewer)

Was it text 3(the poem) from section 1 about a dog or human??

• Total voters

ghost-blade

HSC
Re: The Poem Was About A Dog?

it was a METAPHOR, used to show a PERSON sniffing out there past like a DOG

Alissia

HSC

matthewford said:
Im positive it was about a human.
When i read it a dog never came to mind.
not once did i think it was a dog either.. but it was a pretty confusing poem to read it barely made sense to me!!

HSC

I think he was comparing himself metaphorically to a dog, and how he feels led to come home

morgoe

HSC

Lots of emphasis on smell, it said something about wagging a tail, I thought it was a dog. Doesn't matter though, I didn't mention it. Found it very hard to concentrate on and had no idea what it was about but got the techniques needed out quickly and then forgot about it.

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC

It wasn't about a dog, it was about a ninja :ninja:

lilwim

HSC
N/A

-may-cat- said:
yea, i think its a metaphor, but im looking at the poem atm, and it could easily be a dog if you didnt know what an extended metaphor was.

^^what hate? im just curious?
if you did the paper and didn't know what a metaphor is then i hardly believe that you'd get full marks...

PsycadelicShack

HSC

lilwim said:
if you did the paper and didn't know what a metaphor is then i hardly believe that you'd get full marks...
LOLOLOLOL! Wait - I thought it was about a surfboard. Nah, I seriously did. CREATIVITY FLAW!!!

HSC

lilwim said:

finally someone that agres with me

SHARPEI

HSC

it was actually about a dog that transforms into an aeroplane- i believe the technique was metamorphasis, and the place affected by the hurricane was a branch of the RSPCA (the island was symbolic of this..)

.M.L.T.

HSC

yeah i thought human not dog. firstly, dogs don't live 25 years and well...dogs don't generally appear to be reflecting on their jouney to the place they were born. But still, as long as you did the reflections not "oh it was a dog thinking about how nice and bright his home is" you'll probably be fine.

Still...i rekon i failed. :)

black-satin

HSC

yeh thats exactly right.. the whole dog motif was just an extended metaphor, or an allegory, however you wanted to explain it. Scent is one of the strongest human senses connected to memory, along with sight. so when it said something like 'nothings changed but the visual' (excuse the lose quote, my exam paper was taken by my english teachers) the persona was connected by smell to experience the imaginative journey that took him back to his childhood home

emille-bot

HSC

It's about a dog?
Oh fuck.
Ha,

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC

I was very surprised seeing that it was about a dog.
You only had to state the comment the author was making about the place one grew up,
so honestly I dont think that for three marks, you'd have to read that deeply to get full marks.
The greatest thing about English is that you can argue anything, and if you make a convincing argument you get good marks.
I'm sure theres nowhere in the syllabus that requires you to specifically understand extended metaphors in unseen material.

HSC

no but if you can't understand an extended metaphor then you're stupid

SHARPEI

HSC

someone give that dog a schmacko

JamesTockuss

HSC

It was a metaphor lol. I kind of saw it as the dog 'wagging his tail', expecting to enjoy revisiting his home town (or some bullshit like that), but then the extension of this metaphor to show the dog retreating with his nose or something showed how the times have changed, and the dissapointment of his journey.

In other words, a page of blubbering jelly.

SUSYKINS

HSC

wth a dog?
oh man i didnt get that
i thought it was a human..................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)