Was Text 3, Section 1 a Dog or Human?? (1 Viewer)

Was it text 3(the poem) from section 1 about a dog or human??

• Total voters

conics2008

HSC
Re: The Poem Was About A Dog?

lol i thought the poem was about a guy who came back to his old town where he spent his child hood..

he came to see if he could unlock his past memories.

didn't make sense to me and im 100% he wont make sense to the marker..

bocaj4224

HSC

Peter Goldsworthy, the poet 'finishing his schooling in Darwin in the Northern Territory'. The Galapagos reference is a metaphor for the scattered 'stilt-houses'. The Beagle is Charle's ship, and because that's where the water gets its name from, Beagle gulf. The wet is because it rains lots in Darwin!

Muchi

HSC

Nivi7 said:
uummm...wasn't the poem abt a man whose house or town or wateva was destroyed by cyclone tracy and he decided to return back to his hometown to try and re-collect his childhood memories???!!!
Exactly! Even the question gave it away. Didn't the QUESTION say something about return to the town where one grew up or something?

Why the heck would a dog come back to where he grew up? That doesn't make any sense!

I agree. Either the dog is an extended metaphor or the author was using the sensory imagery to recollect his memories.

GAWD. Get over it.

Rfelt110191

HSC

I didnt think it was a dog (my friend did tho)... but seriously its english...so long as u can bullshit it it's true :) What if the dog was selby? Selby might in the future want to return to the town where he grew up :p

scatlover999

HSC

Princess Hollyx said:
It wasn't about the place darwin.

It was about the golappogas (lol @ spelling) island.

He titled the poem darwin because of charles darwin, the explorer, who spent a lot of time in the golappogas islands.

It's also why he called the aeroplane a "quicksilver beagle" (the beagle was the name of darwin's ship.
u r so perceptive holly
i agree with u completely
i dont get it how no one else can see the obvious

rebbii.rooty

HSC

-may-cat- said:
i dont think it would make much difference... so long as u talked about reflections well.
mm yeah i agree. the question asked about reflections, you really didn't need to specify whether it was a dog or a human.

zabzoub1

HSC

WHAT FAGGOT THOUGHT ITS A DOG... HOW CAN A FUCKING DOG GO ON AN AIROPLANE, AND THEN AT THE END OF ALL IT BE RELIEF AS THE DOG WAS ENTERING THE CABIN OF THE AEROPLANE AND THE STEUARTISS SERVES THE FUCKING DOG...

FFS it was the easiest poem EVER!

stupid idiot what ever asked if it was a dog, just cauz u read a nose you think its a freakin dog.. omg its people like you who cant even pass the simplest questions, u didnt even need to know what it was, look at the damm journey!!! GRRRRR ASSHOLE!

m3d1na

HSC

HAHAH god that poem confused the hell out off me.. but yeah i was wondering whether it was a dog? with all the snifffing etc? ahhaha

and if it wasnt.. the guy had a problem.

but i tried not to include the sniffing or w/e in the quote they asked..
used one off the oxymorons in it ... soemthing along the lines off "nothing-but the visual had changed" ... ><

hah but still... that was one weird poem.. that god the question about it didnt specify anything about explaining the whole thing.. i would ... FAIL.

Miss Boxes

HSC

I think It was a dog, but I got confused cause It said it came back after 25 years or sumthing, cause I dont think dogs auctally live that long... But there was 2 things indicating it was, "it's nose fell into the wet" wats the wet? and the tail thing.

wendus

krawr.
HSC

wtf a dog?!?!?! DDD:

caketin

HSC

weirdest poem of my life.
thank god there were other texts that were usable.

zabrinarocks

HSC

how ws it about a dog? it stepped back onto a plane? dogs dont do that and dogs dont write

Anita8888

HSC

Well the question asked about reflections. So i think whether it was a dog or human is irrelevant as long as you could support your answer answer. But I must admit I was thinking "WTF is this", I came to the conclusion that it probably wasnt a dog coz of the towel thing at the end... I can barely get my dog to stand still when i wash it let alone willingly wipe its face with a scented towel...

wendus

krawr.
HSC

i'm pretty sure it wasn't about a dog...
it was just goldworthy's (or the persona's) journey back in time. he was probably just using metaphors

lizac

HSC

it was a metaphor in the first two stanzas but other than that he was just a person

speedydevviie

HSC

zabzoub1 said:
WHAT FAGGOT THOUGHT ITS A DOG... HOW CAN A FUCKING DOG GO ON AN AIROPLANE, AND THEN AT THE END OF ALL IT BE RELIEF AS THE DOG WAS ENTERING THE CABIN OF THE AEROPLANE AND THE STEUARTISS SERVES THE FUCKING DOG...

FFS it was the easiest poem EVER!

stupid idiot what ever asked if it was a dog, just cauz u read a nose you think its a freakin dog.. omg its people like you who cant even pass the simplest questions, u didnt even need to know what it was, look at the damm journey!!! GRRRRR ASSHOLE!

lol... psycho..

Tannon

HSC

awww it was about the galoppogus islands or wherever!?!?!

DAMMIT!!

pretty sure that was a crap poem.

everyone else write about darwin??
i had no idea ay i just rambled on about nothing haha

shorts answers blow!

shipment of fail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)