Was this a bad idea? (1 Viewer)

dalalxa

HSC
During term 1, I had 6 subjects which are: English, pdhpe, retail(doing the exam), business services(doing the exam), PDHPE, SOC and CAFS. For weeks, i was thinking about dropping business, and i finally did. My sister told me, it was a bad idea and it's a security blanket for me if I eff up one of my exams - but i hated the subject, i must admit i didn't try, only because i hated the teacher and its boring and i have more time to study. But things may change when HSC comes up and stress is building up.
So, was dropping a subject that may secured me during the HSC a mistake? :/

dalalxa

HSC
depends, u only need a backup if u are not sure u can perform strongly in ur 10 units.
Hmm.. Good point. At this moment, I know I can perform well, just overtime it might change from all the stress etc. I need consistency.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
To be honest it sounds like you have relieved a bit of weight off your shoulders. I think you have made the right decision in doing this.

madijd

HSC
everyone told me not to drop ex1 maths but honestly it was the best choice i was so much less stressed and i had way more time to focus on my other subjects! I proved all my teachers wrong (they said I would do badly in 2u maths) but it was the best choice i ever made HSC wise :)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Good thing you dropped it. I saw how much you hated it!

Immortality

Rekt by Adv. English
HSC
If you already had the mind set of dropping/hating it, you've already opened yourself for failure in that subject as you will not be dedicating enough effort to it. So yes, you made the right choice

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
honestly it might've been..
Isn't business services like hospitality with 100% of the course mark dependent on the HSC exam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)