Wasted first week of the holidays...??? (1 Viewer)

jack2808

HSC
i wouldn't say "wasted". If im not mistaken, you would have just had your exams before the holidays, so you need abit of time to relax your mind otherwise your going to burn yourself out. The second week is a good time to start to get back into the flow of school. I slowly ease back into a 6-7am wake up ( depending on what is typical to you), make sure i've got a handle on anything that may be due (or books to be read), and do a broad revision of what i've learn't in the last 2 terms. i say "broad" because i don't find it particularly useful to be doing too strenuous of study, as exams are still quite a while away and it's abit of a waste of energy (this is just me, if you feel you need to, by all means). A more idealistic approach would be to start to learn the syllabus of your subjects for the forthcoming term. This gives you an idea of what to expect and will give you a clearer understand by the time you get to it in class. Don't freak yourself out, just go at a steady pace and you'll be surprised with how beneficial it will be to you later on down the track. I hope all goes well !!

vishaalsone

HSC
its ok to chill man...lol i have smoked pot for the last 4 days in a row...aha life is good!!

rach18

HSC
Uni Grad
Yay now I don't feel so guilty for not studying on the first week of the holidays :) I go back to school on the 26th (practically three weeks of holidays), so I've been using the 'I have a lot of time before school starts' excuse, which is somewhat true... haha

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
i wouldn't say "wasted". If im not mistaken, you would have just had your exams before the holidays, so you need abit of time to relax your mind otherwise your going to burn yourself out. The second week is a good time to start to get back into the flow of school. I slowly ease back into a 6-7am wake up ( depending on what is typical to you), make sure i've got a handle on anything that may be due (or books to be read), and do a broad revision of what i've learn't in the last 2 terms. i say "broad" because i don't find it particularly useful to be doing too strenuous of study, as exams are still quite a while away and it's abit of a waste of energy (this is just me, if you feel you need to, by all means). A more idealistic approach would be to start to learn the syllabus of your subjects for the forthcoming term. This gives you an idea of what to expect and will give you a clearer understand by the time you get to it in class. Don't freak yourself out, just go at a steady pace and you'll be surprised with how beneficial it will be to you later on down the track. I hope all goes well !!
That is what I plan to do. I'm actually glad that I relaxed a bit during the first week :)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
So did I, and a lot of other people.
don't count it was "wasted"
think of it as a "break"
you probably relaxed your mind
Just go beast mode for one week

good luck
Yeah this. Just think of this as your rest time.

Time to go crazy now.

HSC
Uni Grad
tbh I realized I wasted a whole mid-sem break not utilizing time effectively. oh well. at least I got work done.

RANK 1

HSC
i wasted the first week of holidays as well. and i only get one week before my midsem exams which are next week

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Most of us have one thing in common - we wasted the first week :(

Aidejay

HSC
Why does these holidays fly by so fast? :( Sigh, first day back half yearlies.

eat_well

HSC
This past week went so fast it was insane. I haven't even finished watching Dr Who yet:(. I do think that break was needed though, especially since I could feel myself burning out during half yearlies. I was at the stage where I wanted to do anything but work.
What work/studying is everyone planning to do next week? Has anyone actually prepped their belonging creative/short story? and would this coming week be a good time to get that done.

RishBonjour

HSC
MY aim is to do 5 hours a day from monday!
Still haven't done notes for bio module 2.. (need to finish off a few)

twenty12

HSC
ahh the HSC days.. its seriously the same shit in Uni, life sucks like that.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Even though I'm in prelim, the first week of holidays were wasted. I had to go church everyday because my easter is delayed one week (orthodox). What is gone is gone, just focus and don't let the second week fly. :p

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Even though I'm in prelim, the first week of holidays were wasted. I had to go church everyday because my easter is delayed one week (orthodox). What is gone is gone, just focus and don't let the second week fly. :p
I'll try not to!

RishBonjour

HSC
"<99 ATAR"

LOL
is it possible to get 50 atar? ahah
I'm aiming for 92+ (although my course requires 96.75) lol
lets see how I go

For people going for 99+ ATARs : for self satisfaction, or because your course requires it?

SunnyScience

HSC
LOL
is it possible to get 50 atar? ahah
I'm aiming for 92+ (although my course requires 96.75) lol
lets see how I go

For people going for 99+ ATARs : for self satisfaction, or because your course requires it?

Mostly self satisfaction. But, getting into medicine might also be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)