• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wat a waste of the ashes to be on SBS.... (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Looks like the ashes got sold to the WORST, most pathetic channel on australian tv, wtf is wrong with channel 9? They have been showing it since i can remeber watching it, now they lose the rights TO SBS?

Plus sbs had NO advertisng for it before the ashes began, i just happened to stumble on AUS batting on day 1 while channel flicking. Even 7 played the one dayers till 3:30am, but SBS cut off the cricket at 11pm for the tour de france, probably the most pathetic excuse for sports coverage ive even seen. Fuk Sbs and their shitty coverage.....

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You're picking a big fight dissing SBS on this forum with all the journo students mate :)
Lol im a convert, i was one of those journalist students... then i found the light of advertising.....

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
otay said:
can't believe they took the cricket off for fuckin cycling. when i first heard they got the ashes i couldn't believe it. I then saw this article on theage.com, its pretty funny give it a read.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/03/05/1109958153558.html
Lol a great read, the cricket seems so outta palce on SBS. I mean they got the "hair hair yeah yeah" guy (greg matthews) 2 discuss th match during breaks... wtf were they thinking?

I couldnt beelive sbs got it also, fukin shitty ass station. Stik 2 sports no one cares about

otay

HSC
shady_03 said:
Lol a great read, the cricket seems so outta palce on SBS. I mean they got the "hair hair yeah yeah" guy (greg matthews) 2 discuss th match during breaks... wtf were they thinking?

I couldnt beelive sbs got it also, fukin shitty ass station. Stik 2 sports no one cares about
haha yeah. u c warney is also going with advanced hair now. i gotta admit i did notice a sorta bald patch yesterday when he was bowling.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Yuo guys are poofs. At least we got the Ashes. Channel 9 are poofs for not buying this, but thats their problem - and personally, this Channel 4 coverage is awesome. And so what about le Tour? le Tour is more awesome than a predicatble test series which will be an Aussie 2-1 (AusAusDrDrEng) anyway. As for commentators, they should have somehow got O'Keefe, he's much more hilarious than that "hanging loose, yeah yeah" Jungle.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bookie said:
And so what about le Tour? le Tour is more awesome than a predicatble test series which will be an Aussie 2-1 (AusAusDrDrEng) anyway.
Yeah... I wonder who's going to win le Tour? (I must point out I AM being sarcastic.)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
meant^
I hate it when you read your own post and feel stupid.

Anyway, the reason why you should like sbs over network tv is because SBS caters to the viewing choices of the marginalised in australia (such as yourself) while network tv will always stick to what is popular for the majority.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Argonaut said:
Better than Channel Nine's lot.

Besides, I'm supporting England. Australia wins too often so it gets really boring. But in order for England to win, they might need to paly the 'Six and Out' rule ...
The reason why you don't support the "underdog" is because the underdog is the underdog because they are shit and you don't want to support shitness.

yoshimanu

Our Deepest Fear...
HSC
whats with the hate?
if you dont like the british commentry, drop by a mate's place to watch fox sports 2.. got brendon and mark commentating.
One channel away from the footy as well!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
meant^
I hate it when you read your own post and feel stupid.

Anyway, the reason why you should like sbs over network tv is because SBS caters to the viewing choices of the marginalised in australia (such as yourself) while network tv will always stick to what is popular for the majority.
err is that a good thing or a bad thing
like what do u mean by marginalized

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's a good thing, you're lucky we have sbs.
yeah i know..more so my parents for the arabic news and programs
i like it for the documentarys and news shows and world movies etc...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Argonaut said:
Because NBN/Nine's commentators are shit. They're terrible, even worst than Bruce McAvaney. Ray Warren, Richard Willikins (sp?), Richie Beanud (who is getting old), Tony Grieg and the like seem to have a direct link to each and every player's mind, so they're able to tell us exactly what they're thinking and what tey'll do next ... then there's a lot of red faces from these so-called experts when the plaers go off and do somethign else. I don't watch cricket, but the Englsh chaps doing the British coverage we're receiving are quite good (cricket is almost a religion in my house).
I seriously dont know how u can say that, tony greig, bill lawry, richie benaud, mark taylor, ian heley are all legends of the game and are fantastic commentators. NTB is totally right - the english commentators are so horrifically bias that it makes me sick (with the slight exception of ian botham) and pisses me off. The channel 9 commentators have been doin it for like 20 or so years, u act liek they have no idea wat they are talkin about even tho they have all that experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)