'Watchmen' is a better film than 'The Dark Knight' (1 Viewer)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
you're not going to get many people who agree with you on this forum; the dark knight is far more hollywood oriented and appeals to a far wider audience than watchmen.

i do agree with you though, OP.
the experience is surreal on imax.

edit;
liked this more than the graphic novel. better ending with far more interesting implications.

Last edited:
HSC
holy crap that is a huge call, mang!

yeah, apparently the end isn't the same as the graphic novel? Want to read novel but really keen to see film WHAT DO I DO ?!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, basically neither of them were as great as they're hyped to be. The Dark Knight wasn't even close to the best film of 2008.

But if you had to pick one, watchmen is better.

X

xeuyrawp

dont know how to spoiler tag but the graphic novel ending is prettyyyy much a deus ex machina.
I've never done it myself, but I assume it's [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] sans spaces.

And which part of the ending?

jess241

HSC
Argh. I saw Watchmen last night and thought it was pathetic. I didn't like the dark knight that much either, but at least it was watchable...god watchmen is stupid!!

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
i dun think this film would appeal to female audienec too well..

but to me i loved it, a lot more than dark knight lol

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Ending pissed me off in the novel, but I sort of understood that its supposed to and I appreciate that innovation

u-borat

Banned
HSC
I've never done it myself, but I assume it's [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] sans spaces.

And which part of the ending?
i'm assuming you've seen the movie; in which case you would know there is one major discrepancy between the graphic novel and the movie towards the very end.

keyword; ALIENS

bliss2223

I have a cunning plan...
HSC
Personally, I enjoyed it alot more than TDK.
The alternate ending wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I would have liked to see the original put onto film.
The Comedian, Nite Owl ll and Rorschach were amazing, whilst the rest of the cast did a good job.
I think it may have been a little bit long, but it was unavoidable really when you look at the content of the graphic novel.
I'd pay to see it again.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
just got back from the watchmen, to be honest one of the most random/dragged out films ever

they changes in time sequence are confusing and the overal plot is quite lame,
plus the constant visuals of dr manhattens blue penis just does it for me....i think he is jewish if you catch my drift ;)

ballin

Banned
HSC
wow. just got back. shit. and not like a "SHIT, that was mad" shit.

ray ban

HSC
saw a couple days ago... excellent film!
while on the topic of dark knight... dark knight, focused all its energy on the joker character, were as the watchmen, dealt with all the characters. Watchmen is a better film.

shaon0

HSC
Discuss.

David and Margaret agree with me.

I think the disparity between the reviews of the two films on sites such as rotten tomatoes, simply shows how strongly people are influenced by star power and hype.

It had a better plot. It was stunning. The pacing was better. It has some sweet moments, where Dark Knight never slowed the pace for a moment, in a long film when it really needed to.

This was a good movie. The realization of the alternate history setting was really well done and I liked the themes it dealt with.

Interesting to see how this is being widely promoted as a mainstream blockbuster, when it's pretty extreme in it's depictions of sex and violence. I found this more unsettling than wolf creek. It's pretty gory in parts.
This was a good movie but it didn't have any emotion in it. The ending wasn't very good because the audience were meant to feel a sense of devastation that major cities were blown up and millions of ppl died. I for one didn't and if it had made an emotional connection with the audience then it would've been an epic movie.
The music should've been chosen better as some weren't really applicable to some scenes.

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
Yeah, basically neither of them were as great as they're hyped to be. The Dark Knight wasn't even close to the best film of 2008.

But if you had to pick one, watchmen is better.
Dark Knight was by far the best mainstream film of 2008.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)