wats ur gym routine (1 Viewer)

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
gcchick, do some circuit work as well, also really helps tone/burn fat
ie. bodypump class

also, if that guy slipped forward, he'd smash his face on the ground, and 60kgs would impact right on his back
the trainer would also get kicked in the stomach

what a fuckin stupid exercise

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll be starting dancing again during the holidays, should help get things going again :D

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
Back up to the 120kg bench @ 84kg b.w. (5x5's) after a week of less drinking. (Despite the earlier part of this years dependence on it to increase strength - a perplexing study).
Time to move to the 32kg kettlebell then straight back into kickboxing/krav and beyond.
Must. Take. China. To. Democracy.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
after 3 months, finally plucked the courage to go three digits and tried a set of 100kg parallel squat today. Got it out! woop @ 68kgs

gonna work out 5 days a week now that im on holidays

Last edited:

swizzler

Banned
HSC
Back up to the 120kg bench @ 84kg b.w. (5x5's) after a week of less drinking. (Despite the earlier part of this years dependence on it to increase strength - a perplexing study).
Time to move to the 32kg kettlebell then straight back into kickboxing/krav and beyond.
Must. Take. China. To. Democracy.
mate

anything more than 24 is a bit of a wank don't you think?

where do you train kickboxing at?

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
i was doing 90kg 3x5 arse2grarse squots but then i tried like SUPADUPA arse2grass 3x5 for 85kg and it feels better but my right knee makes squishy sounds I think but i cant feel anything weird

i'm scared

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
nice! how many reps x sets?
thx :D .. only one set, which was my third set, with 8 reps which is usually how much i do with all my exercises

I've been pretty lazy doing legs since they're a little too big compared to the rest of my body and it's not a very nice look :/

jezzmo

HSC
N/A
mate

anything more than 24 is a bit of a wank don't you think?

where do you train kickboxing at?
Nope there's something purely functional about it.
Like throwing a rock. Then throwing a bigger rock.
For shoulder presses (altered technique) I know nothing better - it is an all arm exercise. Slow, deliberate.
It is the master exercise for scaling walls.
And that is what we train for, right?
I can see arguments against kettlebells ie. = expensive dumbbell farce. But shit, it just .. really works in training the right muscle groups. I justify the expense by the amount of money I witter away on the piss.. a kettlebell works for me and I will buy heavier ones, done. That said, there are a lot of ace exercises I haven't done yet with the kettle-bell and couldn't on a heavy weight. There are fluid exercises with 14kg kettlebells that small trained girls can smash that I could only begin to try with a lot of fail.

Kickboxing - I'm a gummy pensioner, done a bit of muay thai in newcastle, cck in hornsby, krav maga in north sydney, but really I gotta get my knee joints fixed with that terminator stuff in a surgical den. Til then I be beatin' and sparrin' the brother on the driveway til the blood calls a stray woman to tend a nice touch.

swizzler

Banned
HSC
If you are focusing on swings, cleans and military presses

Do you think that purchasing a 36kg kbell is beneficial compared to altering number of reps/time between each set?

considering that kbell = functional, not so much bulking up

jezzmo

HSC
N/A
If you are focusing on swings, cleans and military presses

Do you think that purchasing a 36kg kbell is beneficial compared to altering number of reps/time between each set?

considering that kbell = functional, not so much bulking up

Firstly, I still do heavy lifts - barbell press alternating weeks.
With the 24kg kettlebell, doing two-arm swings and presses mostly - it's got to the point where it's becoming cardio. I have played around - hit up the reps, increased sets and reduced time between sets, it's just time to move up a few weights in the name of progress. I started using my brothers 28kg kb for a while and built up on that ... no longer have access to it - in the same of minor money conservation, i'm going to skip to the 32kg to economocomise.

You into the kickerboxing arts?

swizzler

Banned
HSC
in that case jezzmo, i am supremely impressed by your strength

i dabble in kickboxing from time to time. nothing competitive though

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
25 x 8, 27.5 x 6, 30 x 3 DB press
come at me plateau

(yes jezzmo shits all over me)

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
jezzmo fuck

ive added 50kg soldier press and now my shoulder is making a lot of crunching noises

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)