wats ur gym routine (1 Viewer)

HSC
that was after we set a school on fire etc i was so drunk

yeah they all have the dumbest tattoos though. strong alpha thing going on, as you would if you were a fucking paratrooper

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Still can't do them properly. FML. Too much emphasis on my arms.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
Power cleans are awesome. Very under rated IMO.
do em occasionally if i have a spare day/during cardio work

i do them from a hanging start though, considering adding the squat to press movement along with it, or even just the press

how much weight do you generally do with that? i cant do much :( only about 40

sanctify

HSC
N/A
havent incorporated clean and jerk in routine yet

too many sets for cutting phase may lead to more muscle loss than preservation

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Depends on what you're doing.

I've been cutting lately (although stopped training for a week or two) and I'm always tired etc... because I'm on low carbs.

Definitely not my best workouts.

sanctify

HSC
N/A
yeah?
do you incorporate cardio in your cutting routine? like say, have a day where you eat a lot more carbs than usual and do some intense cardio?

apparently that's extremely effective but i havent tried

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I do cardio every day and typically I switch my carb intake around on a daily basis. Technically I guess you could classify it as "carb cycling", but I kind of do it on a whim (ie if I have a big day at uni then I'll eat more carbs). Seems to be working well for me so far. I'll probably switch the diet up later down the track to keto or something.

kfnmpah

HSC
yeah?
do you incorporate cardio in your cutting routine? like say, have a day where you eat a lot more carbs than usual and do some intense cardio?

apparently that's extremely effective but i havent tried
I prefer to just use diet for cutting. Too much cardio can be catabolic, and you can do it with diet anyway. It depends what cutting regimen you are using.
If you're going ketosis, stay away from carbs.
If you're doing cyclical ketogenic diet, you have a carb up once a week-ish. You have like 2 apples just before your depletion workout then juice straight after, then eat heaps of carbs and protein (NO FAT) for one day, then go back to ketosis.
If you're doing low carb, clean eating, i'd probably still stay away from HEAPS of carbs, but once you get your bf% low enough, clean carbs pretty much won't do anything if your cals are in check.

Like, what's the point in having heaps of carbs if you're just going to go do heaps or cardio, you might as well not eat carbs and not do any cardio. But, if you are doing cyclical ketogenic diet (google it) then you're meant to have a carb up once a week. (maybe less if you want to cut faster)

I'm finding no carbs and no cardio to be quite effective. I've been just under maintenance with no carbs for over a month and I haven't really lost any strength yet.
(when I say no cardio, i mean I've had like 3 cardio sessions in the past month and they've all been more of a weight circuit style thing with high reps, high intensity and no rest.)

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
guise can u help me my arm/shoulder day is kinda gay now
wot can i take out
wot compound lifts can i add (used to have back squots with this but can't handle it no mo)

DB wrist curl: 3x8
DB front raise: 3x10
DB hammer curl: 3x6

BB military press: 3x5
DB bicep curl: 3x6

DB upright row: 3x8
DB raise: 3x8
DB shrugs: 3x10
DB lateral raise: lol i'm adding this tonite, FUCK MY HANDS MY GRIP GONNA DIE

DB zottman curl: 3x6
BB reverse curl: 3x6

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Need to improve ma palmaris longus.

Now let's go get some protein lads!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
wot can i take out
wot compound lifts can i add (used to have back squots with this but can't handle it no mo)
DB Shoulder Press 4x8-12
Side Lateral Raises 4x12
Rear Lateral Raises 4x12
Front Lateral Raises 4x12

Tricep Dips/Close Grip Bench press for triceps - minimum of 12 reps per set
Curls/Concentration Curls for biceps - minimum 12 per set
Reverse curls for forearms if you're into working them out

I'm a big fan of compounds, but they're not always appropriate imo

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
but bro it gets my forarms fuken yoked as shit its gud

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
DB Shoulder Press 4x8-12
Side Lateral Raises 4x12
Rear Lateral Raises 4x12
Front Lateral Raises 4x12

Tricep Dips/Close Grip Bench press for triceps - minimum of 12 reps per set
Curls/Concentration Curls for biceps - minimum 12 per set
Reverse curls for forearms if you're into working them out

I'm a big fan of compounds, but they're not always appropriate imo
Oh yeah gonna add DB shoulder press as well

i do close grip bench on the other day (squat/bench/DL day)

minimum 12 reps fo curls ok maybe @___@ so used to low rep/high-ish weight

sanctify

HSC
N/A
I prefer to just use diet for cutting. Too much cardio can be catabolic, and you can do it with diet anyway. It depends what cutting regimen you are using.
If you're going ketosis, stay away from carbs.
If you're doing cyclical ketogenic diet, you have a carb up once a week-ish. You have like 2 apples just before your depletion workout then juice straight after, then eat heaps of carbs and protein (NO FAT) for one day, then go back to ketosis.
If you're doing low carb, clean eating, i'd probably still stay away from HEAPS of carbs, but once you get your bf% low enough, clean carbs pretty much won't do anything if your cals are in check.

Like, what's the point in having heaps of carbs if you're just going to go do heaps or cardio, you might as well not eat carbs and not do any cardio. But, if you are doing cyclical ketogenic diet (google it) then you're meant to have a carb up once a week. (maybe less if you want to cut faster)

I'm finding no carbs and no cardio to be quite effective. I've been just under maintenance with no carbs for over a month and I haven't really lost any strength yet.
(when I say no cardio, i mean I've had like 3 cardio sessions in the past month and they've all been more of a weight circuit style thing with high reps, high intensity and no rest.)
I'm doing low carb and clean diet. A no carb diet seems too extreme for me. Ive been taking jack3d very recently and holy fuck it's effective. Got my heart rate up and started sweating as if i was doing intense HIIT (havent sweat like this at the gym since i started)

Limiting myself to 16 sets of exercises per body group per sesh because i fear of more bad than good (catabolic). you seem pretty knowledgeable, what's your opinion of #sets per sesh?

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
wot can i take out

DB wrist curl: 3x8
DB front raise: 3x10
DB hammer curl: 3x6

BB military press: 3x5
DB bicep curl: 3x6

DB upright row: 3x8
DB raise: 3x8
DB shrugs: 3x10
DB lateral raise: lol i'm adding this tonite, FUCK MY HANDS MY GRIP GONNA DIE

DB zottman curl: 3x6
BB reverse curl: 3x6
This is one day, arms and shoulders?

What is an arms/shoulders day? Do you have a torso day, no limbs involved? Just floating muscle compressions?

I'm feeling useless- but just a nitpick, one of many - don't begin with wrist curls. End with them - I agree with their inclusion, but compounds should go first. You should begin with the press, and feel molested by the time that is finished. Get your compounds out, aim first and foremost to to increase those each week, and consider the isolated exercises as assistance exercises after.

But really, there is so much I disagree with on this program, I don't really know where to begin (not going to say it's wrong - if it works for you, that's the measure of success). How does the rest of your week go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)