Ways to get a job. (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Telstra Shop!!!

You'll have to meet set quotas on your sales targets though. Bit crap if everything is quite. You'll also be able to look up friend's accounts and delete/alter them...lol not that ur're suppose to..and u get staff price on certain plans and mobiles!

most of the retail sales officers are casuals...they make up most of the staff at telstra shops...

santaslayer

HSC
Being a phone store part-timer is awesome. Except shitty uniforms seem to be the standard :D Sales targets really intimidated me when I first started but I soon figured out they're not hard to achieve. Basically they're there as a motivater, hitting 80% of my target results in some awesosme bonus $$$. An extra 300/400 a month as a part timer is veryyyyyy nice cash.

I know my boss likes the fact I work one or two weekday shifts, plus saturdays. (He also gives me sundays if i want them cause he knows i like the penalty pay. but im not expected to work them...) My store tends to spend more time trying to find people to fill in on weekdays, they have plenty of willing weekenders...

If you can get yourself an interview, all you have to do is show you're keen and know a little about phones. You'll find most people will be more than willing to give you a chance, expecially in a place like a phone store where as santaslayer said, most of the staff are casuals.
I'm a casual so I don't usually get cash bonuses. I usually get free phones, $200 myer vouchers and a paid day off. (The manager usually gives us a sunday, nice bloke. :p)

Which carrier are you with?

My quota's are massive this month for a casual. I'm new so apparently the manager is only giving me 70% of the required quota...lol...been there a few months
Am doing about 35hrs a week.

16 New connects
18 Recontracts
4 Broadband
4 Winbacks (landline back to Telstra)
$4000 Revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Minka*

HSC
I have to say that I am really worried about applying for one of the phone sales jobs because I would be so scared about not meeting my target quota and getting in shit.

I was out shopping and found a few shops with signs in their windows. I think I should touch up my resume and cover letter, but have no idea what to do because it has been ages since I got my job.

Oh and I am nicking off very soon to Europe for Holidays. I will just tell them it is an urgent family committment. (I.E - World Cup, road (well, train tripping) to Hungary and maybe Austria, a night in Amsterdam and London respectivly and nicking down to Serbia and Criatia for a day each to do the token family visits ;)) I am not TECHNICALLY lying :p

*Minka*

HSC
What is the best thing to say in a cover letter to get across the message of 'I am fucking miserable where I am, need some money and a nice job and I am really fucking fabulously awesome, please hire me and save me from Target!'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)