We need a much greater emphasis on science in schools? (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
And I can assure you as someone who works in the profession, that there is never enough time.
There will never seem to be enough time - that's nothing special or new. It doesn't mean you can't fit in more and it's not an excuse to not fit in what is needed.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
There will never seem to be enough time - that's nothing special or new. It doesn't mean you can't fit in more and it's not an excuse to not fit in what is needed.
It's like talking to a brick wall

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
somehow all those asian kids have enough time.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
There needs to be a greater emphasis on science during k-6 stages.

You could probably teach a 5 year old some basic physics (moving about topic: things fall, they move when they are pushed, they don't move if you don't push them...). They learn Darwin's evolution from pokemon anyway, so that shouldn't be an issue.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

You could probably teach a 5 year old some basic physics (moving about topic: things fall, they move when they are pushed, they don't move if you don't push them...). They learn Darwin's evolution from pokemon anyway, so that shouldn't be an issue.
my primary school banned pokemon cards because it promoted evolution. and they also banned harry potter books because it promoted witchcraft. GG seventh day adventists. fucking morons. also wasnt there a report that pokemon cards were improving literacy or some shit back in the day.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
How can pokemon promote evolution when pokemon 'evolution' is so scientifically wrong?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
my primary school banned pokemon cards because it promoted evolution. and they also banned harry potter books because it promoted witchcraft. GG seventh day adventists. fucking morons. also wasnt there a report that pokemon cards were improving literacy or some shit back in the day.
They're certainly weren't improving card game skills, because nobody had any idea how to actually play.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad

I was watching a documentary about science education ages ago and a primary school teacher was conducting an experiment of teaching the concept of atoms (and protons, neutrons and electrons) to grade 3 students and they were understanding it fine. The younger you learn something like this the more intuitive it becomes so I think starting with basic concepts would definitely be a good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)