We should get rid of ANZAC day (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm not saying that we abolish remembrance altogether, not by a long shot (I might have posted something similar before but I was just hoping to draw someone in to posting terrible things). There are Australians that fought in war to preserve freedom. However, ANZAC Day is identified majorly with the Gallipoli landings, which were fucking futile and a disgusting course of action by the British empire. The "lest we forget" motto is one that promotes "never should we forget these brave heroes" which is glorifying their actions in murder and only fuels blind nationalist sentiment that is beyond misplaced. There are other days which pay respect to veterans and past battles without having the glorification aspect as strongly put within it. Armistice/Remembrance Day is better because it doesn't single out a specific event (apart from the closing of the Western Front on November 11), which thereafter doesn't say "we should be proud of this". It teaches people that *millions* of men died in atrocious conditions for no real reason and it should never ever ever happen again. Too bad that message is lost on

everyone.

No they aren't. Assuming you're referring to the libertarians that post here, we're neither left nor right leaning.

Expand on that.
brah you're doing it wrong

'lest we forget' is and always has been (until recently) used to remember the futility and horror of war
the gallipoli campaign was at the time recognised as a complete clusterfuck and this was known by the public so they started anzac day to remember to poor cunts who volunteered to fight the huns and got lumped into fighting for 8 months on some shithouse turkish peninsula. the mateship part comes from the fact that once it was realsied among the men that this whole effort was futile, the only thing they had to fight and live for was each other.

dont mix up the current nationalist sentiment and the 'birth or a nation' crap with this
that has all been an afterthought
we took pride as a nation in the fact that the states created a federation without conflict. the blokes fighting in 1915 would have known this.

we shouldnt be attacking anzac day, just the new sentiments that have been added to it by uneducated bogan fuckwits who seem to think that the anzacs were fighting to preserve some bigoted racist australian way of life, when in reality, the day is about remembering the futility of war etc

HSC
another thinks using tanks on people is good. people like you can just stay in the same state for the rest of your life.
i do think asians are rotting this country with their big ignorant ass. most of them are here for money ONLY anyway.
lebos are even worse, the government has by no means wanting to educate those motherfuckers what is right and what is wrong.
but you have to see people like me who want to help society (well i can't help now of course - i'm in uni, so all i can do is build up ideas). And I'm sick of people who don't want change and think they're comfortable just living a good life. but humans are here to test everything out. we need to try a whole range of things that we haven't tried..............

ah forget it, my ideas are never appreciated.

i'm doing this on holidays. i will rage quit again on april 30 when i bombard BoS with more of my ideas.
and why the fuck should they you hypocrital stupid cunt

why should the government have any say in what is right and wrong

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
and how is war futile

sometimes it has some really good uses like securing strategic resources, increasing the relative power of your group, etc.

HSC
carnt did you read what i said

gallipoli

was a futile effort

that is what anzac day was originally

when the got back to australia it was like lol u guys rememebr that time the poms put us on some shit beach and the turks slaughtered us in defence of their homeland lol what a shit time that was lets never forget it

war is gr8 i lvoe war

HSC
What i'm trying to say is that most schools are far more disadvantaged than selective schools and private schools. No competition at all.
The government should allocate funds equally, or put more effort to educate them, at least in literacy. Most of them don't even know how to spell simple words!
Also, anyone who fail should repeat. They should not be promoted to the next year if they are rubbish in every course.
Yes, the government should never say what is right or wrong because in the society today, we should be the one to voice the concerns... however, only to be ignored.
wtf

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I think you might be mistakenly attributing the relative successes of students in selective institutions to the (presumably?) higher levels of funding that these schools receive compared to regular public schools and not to the fact that they are selective and therefore have more intelligent and more motivated students in them from the beginning. it reminds me of that spectacular account of that public school in kansas city that had a ridiculous, exorbitant budget that provided a curriculum and facilities greater than what is available at most universities.. and test scores actually declined after these luxuries were introduced

never stop truckin in the free world hydrorage

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
facepalm.jpg

HEY, those schools have extremely low funding which is evident when everything is so fucking ancient! How do u do better in that shit environment?

SO WTF YOU MINDLESS BITCHES!
How does this even remotely relate to getting rid of ANZAC day?

Also a little less abuse in your posts might see you taken a little more seriously.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If you're intelligent and motivated like cosmo said, it doesn't matter what school you go to. Guys at my high school got 98+ UAIs and my school is *terrible*

HSC
oh he is talking about the part i highlighted in his rant

thinking i care about government school funding

no you idiot hydrospazz, all i was talking about was how it is retarded of you to think that the government should be 'wanting to educate those motherfuckers what is right and what is wrong."

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
The amount of funding a school receives has little impact on the performance of a child. The reason private schools and selective entry (goes without saying) do better than others is because good students tend to flock there.
For decades critics of the public schools have been saying, "You can't solve educational problems by throwing money at them." The education establishment and its supporters have replied, "No one's ever tried." In Kansas City they did try. To improve the education of black students and encourage desegregation, a federal judge invited the Kansas City, Missouri, School District to come up with a cost-is-no-object educational plan and ordered local and state taxpayers to find the money to pay for it.

Kansas City spent as much as $11,700 per pupil--more money per pupil, on a cost of living adjusted basis, than any other of the 280 largest districts in the country. The money bought higher teachers' salaries, 15 new schools, and such amenities as an Olympic-sized swimming pool with an underwater viewing room, television and animation studios, a robotics lab, a 25-acre wildlife sanctuary, a zoo, a model United Nations with simultaneous translation capability, and field trips to Mexico and Senegal. The student-teacher ratio was 12 or 13 to 1, the lowest of any major school district in the country.

The results were dismal. Test scores did not rise; the black-white gap did not diminish; and there was less, not greater, integration.
http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-298.html

Edit: oh shit. already brought up by cosmo

Last edited:

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
If you comply with the Whirlpool forum rules we will not have any problem. If you have a problem with a moderating decision pelase start a thread in TWAM.
So WP mods are still students? Figures the immaturity of some mods - when one opposes multiculturalisim as a reference in written post, to then have that post deleted.

Increasingly worthless is this Whirlpool forum, certainly not a freedom of speech site. Very easy to be binned.

Loopy left wingers.

Big_Boy_James

Banned
HSC
N/A
LOL. Get rid of it. I dont celebrate mass murderers.

The sooner they die the sooner I don;t have to see old maggots on my TV and every time I go to smh.com.au

Big_Boy_James

Banned
HSC
N/A
mmmmm really? I'd love to see you irl
Id love to see you as well.
You are probably some great grandson of one of these old hags who has not achievedsh1t in life and reminisces on old stories of his great granddaddy.

go f yourself, boi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)