"We suffer because of our bonds" - Uchiha Sasuke (1 Viewer)

lilainjel

Rambler
HSC
Hmm. Are you really using this o_0 Or is this for fun? Erm. Let's see...IMO he is of the idea that ->
-> By having bonds or 'being a part' of a relationship/society, people have to conform and meet expectations. You cannot do something different without risking being told off.
->By forming a relationship, you hold the risk of it breaking. When it breaks then you may end up worse off than you were before. Eg, Sasuke's brother whom he loved, ends up completely destroying his world.
-> Quote: "Our bonds make us weak"- Sasuke. =/ Emotional is weak? I derno...

>.<

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol

there isn't much to discuss because I don't think naruto would be an appropriate related material.

1. Not many people are familiar with it (especially the HSC markers!)
  2. It's hard to find literally techniques that you may possibly write about
  3. Too many episodes... hard to specify one
  4. cartoon? um,,, just too hard to describe

To the question, meh, I hate uchiha sasuke. He is a dickhead. Whatever he says is wrong.

Last edited:

MHSoR Student

HSC
N/A
Actually, Naruto is an excellent text for belonging. In fact, I used it in my exam today, and the techniques were not too difficult to identify (for example, the statues at the Valley of the End juxtapose the two groups to which Sasuke belongs, and Sasuke standing on the head of the Madara statue instead of the First Hokage statue symbolises that his sense of belonging to the Uchiha clan is greater than that of his sense of belonging to Konoha). However, I as the topic creator will not reveal the details about my opinion on the statement in this topic's title just yet, as I wish for other people to give their own opinions and interpretations of the statement so that a discussion can be started in this thread, which will inspire new ideas relating to the concept of belonging for this thread's visitors, thus increasing their (as well as my own) performance in this Area of Study.

Also, my understanding is that whether the markers are familar with a particular text or not is irrelevant, and one can only be given or deprived of marks based on how well an essay is written and answers the question.

youngminii said:
Warning: Narutofag
Don't make me destroy you.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
MHSoR Student said:
Actually, Naruto is an excellent text for belonging. In fact, I used it in my exam today, and the techniques were not too difficult to identify (for example, the statues at the Valley of the End juxtapose the two groups to which Sasuke belongs, and Sasuke standing on the head of the Madara statue instead of the First Hokage statue symbolises that his sense of belonging to the Uchiha clan is greater than that of his sense of belonging to Konoha). Also, my understanding is that whether the markers are familar with a particular text or not is irrelevant, and one can only be given or deprived of marks based on how well an essay is written and answers the question.

Don't make me destroy you.
Yes you may be able to say that, but given the nature of its related material - which is a cartoon, it's hard to describe in a figurative sense.

I don't know. Sense of belonging doesn't seem to be the focus of Naruto...It may be a good one for the concept of identity...

BK-Jatz-Gal

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yes you may be able to say that, but given the nature of its related material - which is a cartoon, it's hard to describe in a figurative sense.

I don't know. Sense of belonging doesn't seem to be the focus of Naruto...It may be a good one for the concept of identity...
i dont agree... havin researched Naruto (i find it interesting history wise) a lot of the content is about the characters and the decisions they make in terms of who they are and where they belong... yes there is a sense of identity but there is also a major concept of journey and belonging...

i.e. the episode where we see gaara n naruto facing off in the forst and sasuke is overcome by his curse seal... it is revealed that gaara never really belonged any where.. or to any one important... and this has made him the way he is. meanwhile naruto, under similar circumstances, belonged to a group and wasn't as alienated as he was durin his childhood. it made him look at his past and come to terms with his life. Naruto has a great sense of pride in konoha and wishes to be the hokage, this creates a sense of belonging not only for his future but by helping him to fit into the society that outcast him at such a young age.

btw dont destroy me but i dont particularly like Sasuke... i think that Hinata is more interestin in terms of beloning

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol oh god.

this is like the guy that asked if he could d o games for his add mat.

MHSoR Student

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:

The identity of an individual is defined by the groups and communities to which he or she belongs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)