Wearing contacts (1 Viewer)

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
1. Is it bad to wear contact lenses that are weaker then your current eyesight if im planning to wear it like once a week? i got so many left from almost 2 years ago and my degrees have changed abit.

2. Can i wear contacts when i'm in the water? such as at the beach swimmni and playing around? or will the water do something to the lens?

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
So i have all these contact lenses but my eyes have gone worse, is it bad to continue wearing it?
i feel that its going to make my eyes worse by wearing weaker ones.
i only plan to wear it sometimes, maybe once a week
Ask your optometrist.

nightweaver066

HSC
It's better to get them changed.

I think if you have unopened boxes, you can get them exchanged. (not sure about this, ask your optometrist)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
it's certainly not going to help, and if anything, will give you eye strain and headaches. Which is bad (duh).

Like the others said, go speak to your optometrist.

SchoolIsBoringg

HSC
i've been wearing contacts for years, almost everyday... i barely experience any problems, just don't wear them over 10 hours... it could be that your contact lenses aren't good quality... you may want to consider changing brands

starshine02

HSC
It might be that the lens don't correctly fit properly. Maybe take them back and try to exchange.

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
wait i think i said it wrong.. i don't wear contact lenses much.. i wear glasses but i'm starting to feel like wearing contacts again. The problem is that my eyes have changed by a few degrees (got the contacts a year and a half ago). So i should just ask my optometrist?

nightweaver066

HSC
wait i think i said it wrong.. i don't wear contact lenses much.. i wear glasses but i'm starting to feel like wearing contacts again. The problem is that my eyes have changed by a few degrees (got the contacts a year and a half ago). So i should just ask my optometrist?
Yes. It's better to have contacts that suit your eyes otherwise it may cause stress.

starshine02

HSC
1. Is it bad to wear contact lenses that are weaker then your current eyesight if im planning to wear it like once a week? i got so many left from almost 2 years ago and my degrees have changed abit.

2. Can i wear contacts when i'm in the water? such as at the beach swimmni and playing around? or will the water do something to the lens?
1. If they fit properly (shape wise etc) then it should be alright, except of course you probably won't be able to see as clearly as you could be seeing with newer contacts. Since it's only once a week then it should be completely fine I reckon. Sometimes I do that too but the difference isn't very high for me.

2. My optometrist advised me not to go swimming with contacts or to wear contacts when doing activities that involves getting them wet or something. I think it's because it can trap water behind the lens that will irritate your eyes and it'll be unhygenic anyways.

funstudy

HSC
1. Yes, its not that bad
2. I do it, just don't open your eyes underwater tho

HSC
Hi!!! I wear contacts and it certainly helps if you wear the most suitable ones for you and as everyone said you may be able to get them exchanged. If you wear contacts to the beach or in the shower DO NOT open your eyes because the contacts may fall out or roll under your eyelid which hurts. Even if you don't open your eyes they may still go red after a while and the contacts may irritate your eyes even more.

jnney

lemon
HSC
1. There should be no problem with you wearing contacts that are weaker than what your eyes need - but don't wear your old ones.
2. Don't go swimming with your contacts. There are various microorganisms in the water that are harmful to your eyes despite being in very low concentrations in water. They can survive between the space between your contacts and your eyes and grow quickly in number. One such example is the ameoba parasite that eats away at your cornea leading to potential blindness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)