Web based Winter Gen Eds (1 Viewer)

joey_86

HSC
Hey

For the upcoming winter session, I choose to a web-based Gen Edu GENS8003 - Work and Safety.

I just wanted to know if anyone has done it before, whats the work load and what are the assessments tasks like.

Or which web based gen edu, would be good to take.

Thanks

Jo

ricenoodles

HSC
I took Work & Safety last summer. From memory the assessments were as follows:

-2 Multiple Choice and 1 Short Answer Quizzes 60%
-Group Work Report 40% total (10% group report, 10% individual contributions, 10% online chats with group & 10% final chat)

It's not a hard course but does require some work if you want to get good marks.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
double degree = no gened, woot!

They should offer basic foundation courses from all faculties instead of the crappy geneds they do offer. Despite the hatred I have of the attention that the faculty of law gets, it'd be quite cool to be able to do a first year law course or summat, as a gened, or a psychology course, or a music course, or an engineering course, or a commerce course etc...

joey_86

HSC
Hey

Thanks for that info, it was really helpful.

About the group chat and final chat..can you expand more on this?
In regards to the 'chat' do you mean online posting and such?

Thanks in advance

Jo

stamos

sellout
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Despite the hatred I have of the attention that the faculty of law gets
you hate the fact law gets attention yet you post about it ALL THE TIME

i agree that frigid's 'jokes' about 'the laity' are obnoxious and retarded

but look beyond that and get a fucking grip

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Silence!

I don't post often about law, I have put these quotes in my signiture because as I walked past their faculty entrance the other day, I noticed it was heavily biased toward the law being a flawless entity. I cannot build a small wall with quotes on it at uni, hence I'm using this online space to vent the other side of the law, through quotes.

Frigid seems like a nice person, he/she helped me out with a transfer question a while back, despite our academic preferences. I have no idea what these jokes you refer to are.

stamos

sellout
HSC
you probably don't know what the word laity means

he's used the words more than once in posts responding to you trashing law

its implying that he's some sort of a priest and that you are a mere worshipper

so you can understand why i think it's an obnoxious and stupid thing to say

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I can't say I do know what laity means, and even so it sounded as if it was all just a joke, and even so if someone was trashing the faculty of my choice, I too would respond in a similar way as MS and Frigid did.

ricenoodles

HSC
joey_86 said:
Hey

Thanks for that info, it was really helpful.

About the group chat and final chat..can you expand more on this?
In regards to the 'chat' do you mean online posting and such?

Thanks in advance

Jo
The group chat mark is for interacting with group assignment members. There's a chat function in webct that allows you to do this. The course coordinator logs all chat sessions to check that you've been contributing. There's also a discussion forum for your group members where you can post.

The final chat is a scheduled group chat with the course coordinator that goes for about 30mins. He basically asks you quesitons about the assignment and course in general and you just answer them (This component of the course was actually cancelled at the last minute when I did it).

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
ricenoodles said:
The group chat mark is for interacting with group assignment members. There's a chat function in webct that allows you to do this. The course coordinator logs all chat sessions to check that you've been contributing. There's also a discussion forum for your group members where you can post.

The final chat is a scheduled group chat with the course coordinator that goes for about 30mins. He basically asks you quesitons about the assignment and course in general and you just answer them (This component of the course was actually cancelled at the last minute when I did it).

Come back and answer some more questions!! Pleeeeaase?

- How big are groiups, can you pick them (ie can I stack my group with my nerdy friends so i don't get stuck with Fok Lo and Tin Pee Pee, who speaky no engrish)
- How much work are we looking at, in terms of hours

ricenoodles

HSC
Groups are selected randomly so you'll have to rely on a bit of luck there.
I'm not sure how many hours I put into it but it was very little in comparison to a normal 6UOC course. One day cramming before a quiz would 'probably' be sufficient.

Yeah you can drop out after a few days if it sucks. Just keep an eye on the cut-off date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)