Webct (1 Viewer)

mystify

HSC
Quick question....only 3 of my 4 units are displayed on webct and just wanted to know if this is normal? If not what should i do? Thanks for any input!

Jonathan A

HSC
mystify said:
Quick question....only 3 of my 4 units are displayed on webct and just wanted to know if this is normal? If not what should i do? Thanks for any input!

Depends on what you are doing. Usually most law units are available on WebCt as are most business and science units. I know that social science and policing units tend not to be always available, this is because the lecturer will not be using webct. Contact your unit coordinator or the WebCt helpdesk.

mystify

HSC
Yeh the unit that hasnt shown up is Intro 2 sociology (which is part of social science). Thanks Jonathan A!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
One of my lecturers couldn't use a computer last year, so nothing was up on webct. lol, oddly enough, I have her again this semester and the subject is up on webct ... oh well.

mattyg87

HSC
probably just lazy. i had 3 units when i logged on yesterday, but as soon as i went back to the main webct page, all 4 were there :)

Jonathan A

HSC
mystify said:
Yeh the unit that hasnt shown up is Intro 2 sociology (which is part of social science). Thanks Jonathan A!

The Unit Coordinator, Dr Robert O'Neil does not use WebCT, I had the same problem last year. It's normal. You're welcome.

Jonathan A

HSC
dave_119 said:
yeah, my policing and sociology units havnt showed up.. oh well

I have already explained Sociology, but with policing, again Associate Professor Donald Robertson's units which are the policing units usually don't appear on WebCt, however, A/Prof Robertson has pretty good notes that are generally coherent.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
hey on the UWS site it says that Webct has a discussion board but i cant seem to find it? does ne 1 know where to go to access the discussion board????

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Sometimes, discussion boards are used in certain subjects only. Its just a way to communicate between students. I haven't heard of discussion boards for webct as a whole - they are generally more subject based. Quite often helps with assignments though.

Jonathan A

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
awh shit that means that lecture notes won't be on webct eh? DAMMIT!

i wouldn't worry. Intro to socio tutes are made up presentations, it is highly likely that students will print off their notes for everyone when they present each week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)