Weight gain rates for beginners (1 Viewer)

Corvid

HSC
N/A
What kind of weight gain rates can a beginner expect if he does everything correctly? This is assuming he exercises the whole body, proper nutrition and he's training for strength.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
its very possible to gain 5kgs in ur first month as a beginner, but then again you'd probably be doing it wrong and gaining too much fat. hence the term "dreamer bulk"

500g-1kg weight gain per week is acceptable i think. but it depends on ur height

i may be talking nonsense, but this is from experience

kfnmpah

HSC
I went from 53-55kg to 65kg from march(inclusive) to august.
I ate heaps of good quality food, trained crazy hard and rested well. The trifecta for muscle gain (i'm a girl!)
Of course I gained some fat, but my body fat, as a percentage, stayed the same. I.e. i gained 10kg, maintained 20%bf so I gained 2kg of fat, 8kg of muscle (possibly some water, but unlikely, I haven't noticed)

Good luck, broseph.

3PiCFail

HSC
Most people gain more in their first few years than they will in the 10s of years after that.
You will gain a lot as "noob" gains.

Corvid

HSC
N/A
This thread hasn't gotten many replies so maybe you could tell me your own weight gain rates in your first month?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If you follow a consistent diet, 6 meals a day of invertebrates, nestlings, small mammals, berries, fruits, seeds, and carrion, it's possible to attain a dazzling plummage

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I recall I gained like 8kg first month, and then 14kg at the end of 13 weeks. You could easily gain more faster, I didn't have the stomach to go all out, 10kg in one month is quite attainable.

What diet are you using, how many KJ, calories, protein

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I recall I gained like 8kg first month, and then 14kg at the end of 13 weeks. You could easily gain more faster, I didn't have the stomach to go all out, 10kg in one month is quite attainable.

What diet are you using, how many KJ, calories, protein
but how much of that was fat that u had to strip off in the end anyway?

i recall u saying u were quite the skinny kent and dirty bulked ur way up for a fair portion

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
its not genetically possible to gain 14kgs of pure muscle in 13 weeks. Impossible.

You'd find it difficult with steroids as well

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What are you talking about man, it was all lean muscle, don't believe me, check it out

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
lol seen that pic before

that guy has the worst progress ever and morphed into a frog

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
srs I did gain fat. But obsession with remaining lean while bulking is counterproductive. I was still only 14% in the end, which won't qualify me for disability pension. It's very normal on SS to approximate 10kg/1st month, I'm not aware of case studies of top notch beginner progress without similar numbers.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
He didn't even bulk that fast, 1-2 kg a month should look quite ok, did he even lift.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
If he did I will lose faith in humanity lol

But yeah I guess the amount of weight gained varies with each person for many reasons. I've had fast weight gains with not much fat (stretch marks from my biceps to elbows, across sides of chest etc). I'd rather stick to the slowly and steady lean approach for that reason though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)