Weighting of final exams (1 Viewer)

Kaos1

HSC
i need to know, because i cannot find it anywhere...

how much does the final exam contribute to our final marks?

i know that our final marks are a tally of our assessments, half yearlies, trials, and hsc exam, but exactly how much does each bit contribute?

especially in english, because i have to do 4 essays over 3 days, and i would like to know if i do get a bad mark in that, then i can still get a reasionable final merk...

people who are more knowedgable than me, please help

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your school assessment mark (once moderated) is half the final mark.

The other half is the actually HSC exam.

The final mark is made up of the average of the moderated school assessment and the aligned HSC mark so each part is 50%.

boxhunter91

HSC
You will be given it by your school. It varies for schools. A total of 50%
The other 50% is from externals ie HSC.

Kaos1

HSC
awesome, thanks heaps.

the unfortunate part is, i am only just barely passing english (52%, and am 22/95 in my year).

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Your school moderated assessment mark is made of 50% and the final exam is worth 50% - but the reason BoS sends off these marks to make ranks is because the assessment marks are made from the external examination marks and spread out accoding to the rank gaps. You must understand that.

Kaos1

HSC
but.. it all sounds like a whole bunch of political wankers trying to over-complicate things WAAAAAAAAAY too much... how did all of this come about? and why the hel is it so complicated? ... when in the end, all we get is a number !!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)