Weightlifting and height (1 Viewer)

Jimmy2064

HSC
Nope will not make you shorter. Stay away from heavy ie. 1 rep max deadlifts and squats at a young age (less than 14, maybe 16 depending on individual), other than that, go for it!

Jimmy2064

HSC
I've had 9 months experience weight lifting now, and it's all nutrition and form/technique.

Ensure your concentrating on your movements rather than impressing people how much weight you can actually lift. As for diet, weight lifting is 90% diet, 10% effort in the gym - anyone with experience will tell you that. Improve your diet, and improve your workout routine and the results will show.
I wouldn't say 90/10 lol, but in theory you are correct, something more meatheads need to realise..

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you start building yourself at an age of 12, you'll be fine :) especially since your 16/17/18?
many in our grade have started working out by now, and they aren't getting any "shorter", so it's all good

Jimmy2064

HSC
given your growth plates are closed when you start lifting, it probably wouldn't do anything

having said that, lifting heavy at a young age (doing squats etc) probably decompresses your spine moreso and could maybe stunt your growth
This is true. Complete and utter myth that it stunts growth (however at a young age <15 it CAN compress the spine but only through heavy deadlifting etc). You know what stunts growth? Not eating correctly.

I've been training for what, 2 years now, and my biggest growth period was right smack bang in the middle of it. Bad form won't stunt your growth either as someone said, but you'll injure yourself. Then again Jay Cutler has the worst form I've seen half the time so.. do what works for you :)

williamdaft

HSC
no way bro, eat healthy food, have 3-4L of water, sufficient exercise + gym. You'll be fine doing all of these. Remember to have good form when lifting - follow the instructions on the machine, or have a personal trainer or a buddy to help you out

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
No need to do em daily. Do em like every 3 days or so. Coz no time for muscle strands to grow and recover if you workout every day.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
lmao if you can't afford to lose a few inches in height then you are an incel phaggot and should consider suicide

Laurie Haak

HSC
Weightlifting will have the opposite effect if anything. As long as you don't lift to heavy till you have finished growing. Weightlifting can only benefit you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)