Weird course choices (1 Viewer)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Anyone choose a course that seems (stupidly) weird when you look at the subjects you completed in 08?

I'm doing Med Sci. I dunno, I just decided I don't wanna study commerce, law or any of that shit. Bridging courses ooooookay.

:/

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
2U Maths and no sciences. You're gonna do it tough in Med Science!

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Umm, I think my maths is fine for MedSci, despite my HSC marks (don't go there!). Will be doing the Chem bridging course in Feb along with some general chem study from textbooks before the semester starts. There's also bio, but most of the people I know who are doing MedSci didn't study bio, and most of the bio is pretty basic anyway (or so I'm told!).

Derno, I'm just sick of the Arts for now and there's no way in fucking hell I'm doing a business degree for 5 years. I suppose, for me, it's the whole 'you never know if you don't try'- maybe science is for me?

What am I talking about, I'm just a retard.

HSC
I did General and i think i'm going to do Actuarial. :D

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
business and IT course with no business for hsc.

icecoffee

HSC
HSC subjects: eng adv, ext eng, 2u maths, ext maths, chemistry, physics and studies of religion (1U).

Planning to do Commerce (liberal studies) without any prior business/economics subjects. *am slightly freaking out*

Rhanoct, what career do you have in mind for medical science? I was contemplating this but the job prospects seem to revolve around research and not much else?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
right now i'm only doing it to develop my knowledge of the sciences (first year is basically bio and chem). gonna take STAT and UMAT this year, so in 2010 i might try transfer to pharmacy or optometry.

btw, you should be fine with commerce. there are lots of people who pick it up without any business subjects. plus, you did 3u!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am not sure if your choice is weird at all. It depends on where you passion lies. You will not necessarily struggle. It's just that you will do more work than everyone else basically. And I am sure you won't be the only one.

HSC
Well I did both economics and business studies (with business being my best subject) and now abhor the thought of doing a commerce degree.

4unitfreak

HSC
Was planning to do Medicine or Medical Science so I picked 3U Maths, Phys and Chem with only Advanced English. First choice is now Law at Newcastle.

mandathepanda

HSC
occcupational therapy having done no science apart from preliminary senior science. But its what I really want to do so am planning on doing a bridging course:)

icecoffee

HSC
Rhanoct said:
right now i'm only doing it to develop my knowledge of the sciences (first year is basically bio and chem). gonna take STAT and UMAT this year, so in 2010 i might try transfer to pharmacy or optometry.

btw, you should be fine with commerce. there are lots of people who pick it up without any business subjects. plus, you did 3u!
Oh ok, that sounds good. Medical science is my second preference (weird, i know) and i was thinking about doing STAT as well. Do you know if it's hard to pass?

If i get into commerce hopefully i'll survive! I guess i'll just have to do lots of reading to brush up on all the terms and jargon!

lionking1191

HSC
maths/english extensions + phys + eco + modern

and yeah, med hopeful. :(

ademayd

HSC
I'm going to do Law without doing legal, I have no idea about the constitution or anything.

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Guys, dont freak out if you didnt do something in highschool that you are doing in uni.

I did my HSC in 2001 With English (std), Maths, Maths Ext 1, Phys, Chem, PDHPE and Studies of religion 1 unit

Did my B.Sc

Did my GradDip Ed

Now im doing my Masters in Business whilst working full time and I am close to a HD average

I never did any business stuff whatsoever!!

But yeah, when i first started with engineering (then quit after a year cuz it was shite!), it was like high school physics and maths all over again, so you dont really need to know it, cuz it gets taught from the fundamentals. Although knowing it does indeed help :)

I did 2nd and 3rd year university biology subjects without ever doing biology at highschool at scored pretty damn good marks too :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)