Weird things that have happened at your work!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
What is the wierdest things that have happened at your job?? I work in a department store, and we have had fights, knifes being pulled etc We have also had people spew up everywhere, some guy took a dump on the floor (ewww!!) and one guy even had a heart attack!! All this in a regional department store. So much excitement!!

bassqueen16

HSC
i work at a supermarket so we generally get all types but ive been shouted at a couple of times and this crazy kid like pushed a whole lot of honey jars onto the ground, breaking them, and ran through them and ran around the whole store (spreading sticky honey and glass everywhere).. thats prob the weirdest, and most annoying to clean up took AGES

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
We have had a little old lady scare all of the customers away from the cash desk at work with her big speel about the GST and how we shouldn't add it on top of our prices, when we don't, she almost was hyperventilating and could have passed out she was yelling so much... stupid old people

And just this week we had an aboriginal woman come in and go to the computers section to try and get a refund on something that was very used, and when they didn't give her one she threated to bring back her mates to trash the shop... she walked out swearing in every way imainable

And when I worked at target we had a guy froced to try on pants right next to the stand, even though the change rooms were like 10 metres away

And also we had two kids walk straight past a bunch of the managers and me wearing two brand new "world industries" jumpers, that we had just put out like 2 seconds before and we were the first store to put them out, so I started with my pointing out of this fact a manhunt through target, that was fun!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i once worked at mcdonalds,
this drunk guy jumped over the counter, stole the muffins, and started handing them out to random people in the line, singing "muffins for free, muffins for free!"
that was funny

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i once worked at mcdonalds,
this drunk guy jumped over the counter, stole the muffins, and started handing them out to random people in the line, singing "muffins for free, muffins for free!"
that was funny
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh i laughed for a good few minutes after reading that... oh god that's classic

HSC
a pyro lit our bin on fire infront of customers, the manager went nuts!! a cockroach was on the wall and another guy lit a piece of paper and sprayed coocking oil on it, creating a fireball and melting the roach, the manager didnt see that one. haha

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Just last week we had an old lady and her daughter (30ish years old, now) come in: daughter had bought a clock-radio cordless telephone (I work at Dick Smith Electronics) for her mum, who claims the LCD didn't work properly: it looked like it was showing all the wrong numbers. The daughter confirmed it -- she had taken a good look at it, and couldn't work it out either. They offered to show me, but I told them if they brought it in, there's probably something wrong with it, so I trust them and I'd just swap the unit.

So, I go grab the new one, and they ask to test it to make sure it's not another dud. Sure, no problem. We go over to the other side of the store, and unpack the box (You need a uni degree in box-packing to get these things back together, so unpacking it is a big deal) and plug it in.

So, the LCD lights up fine -- numbers displaying. I showed it to them, and they said "no, no, this one's got the same problem, too! See? The numbers all look funny!"

....the plastic LCD protector, that's put on any LCD (ie on mobile phones, too) was still on the unit, and had "12:00" printed on it to demonstrate what the LCD should look like. Upon inspecting their 'faulty' model, they'd never taken it off either: 2 seconds later their model was good as gold. Needless to say I had to get the replacement unit back into the damned box...

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
this really dero/bogan man came in once asking where we kept the coke. i pointed to the fridge...and then he started leering wierdly and saying "no, no love, not cola cola, the other stuff" or something like that, and it was very freaky...when he figured out we didnt sell drugs he went and hung around the store for like an hour. wierdo.

i also had this lady who bought about 1000 things and brought them all up to the counter one by one, like she kept on returning to the back of the line every time with something new. it wasnt big things either, it was like packets of biscuits and stuff. she would buy something, walk out, come in through the other door and return to me 5mins later with something else...and she kept this up for ages until i suggested (politely) taking a basket and then she got all shitty with me.

oh, and i saw an old dude trying on party hats too. that was probably the most random one because he seemed so interested in each one despite the fact that they were all the same. perhaps he thought they were different sizes or something *shrug*

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
that is so amazingly stupid....the last few posts, its so damn funny.

i wish i had some funny stories to tell, do go on you all.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Making creme brulee at my restaurant, I use this welding/blowtorch device in order to heat up the surface of the sugar-coated creme thing. I love this part of the job because it allows me adjust the gas settings on the welding tool so that a powerful blue flame is spewing out in order to create in my opinion the best possible creme brulee, as it is heated swiftly and at maximum temperature.

All the other wait staff are scared of the flame and only ever use the piss-weak orange flame, which only serves to lick the creme, heating it only mildly and totally ruining the purpose of creme brulee. It's so thrilling, lighting the thing, singing your hand in the process then proceeding to blast flame down across the counter to the cry of 'flammenwerfer!

Usually I do so without incedent, though last week the dockets caught alight. Frantically I blew them out and threw them in the bin, whereupon the contents of the bin caught fire, only to be put out with vigorous stomping on my part.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
WOW! That is some pretty unusual stories never seen anything like that happening when I have been out shopping, you workers must be good at covering\hiding some of this stuff from the customers. Unfortunately I don’t work and therefore can not submit any stories for fellow BOSers to laugh at.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
natstar said:
These Asian girls came up to me at work today with 2 packs of tampons and wanted to know my opinion on which was the best sort for beginners.
ok thats mildly amusing, now picture a similiar situation, full grown white girl tho asking me advice about tampons
i was like " i have no idea, i am gonna go get my manager[shes a female] to help you"

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
natstar said:
These Asian girls came up to me at work today with 2 packs of tampons and wanted to know my opinion on which was the best sort for beginners.

hahaha what did you say?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Serius said:
ok thats mildly amusing, now picture a similiar situation, full grown white girl tho asking me advice about tampons
i was like " i have no idea, i am gonna go get my manager[shes a female] to help you"

hahahahhaa how embarrassing. the woman should have had the common sense to atleast ask someone who'd know about it. lol!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
does anyone else have to fight the urge to laugh at those people who buy tampons/condoms etc and are so nervous they look like they're planning a robbery or something? its so hilarious, i used to get tempted to do a loud and obvious price check on them. but i wouldnt be that cruel. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)