#welcome #general-chat (1 Viewer)

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
@Drdusk Is it possible to move this thread to the "General Discussion for the 2021 HSC" forum or will it have to stay here in the Prelim HSC forum

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
@Drdusk Is it possible to move this thread to the "General Discussion for the 2021 HSC" forum or will it have to stay here in the Prelim HSC forum
What in the world. What is this doing here lol. Yeah I’ll merge it with the 2021 chat in that forum.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I still can't believe I was the person to start this chat like back in December last year and there's 44 pages of this thread now

cmon guys be more active

idkkdi

HSC
For part C if you want a truly quick solution,
-sub in 'i' into the RHS of (b), you get product of roots as z^2 and 1 cancel out, do this to the sum of roots on LHS.
-sub in '1' into RHS of (b), expand the brackets and u get sum of roots, do this to the sum of roots on LHS.
no. sub in 1 gives undefined on lhs.

idkkdi

HSC
would it work if i equated the sum of roots to the RHS and subbed in z=1 for where z=1 is defined?

actually tbh not sure about this. because i used to sub in 1 as well lol.

Last edited:

tito981

HSC
the equation starts from z^5-1/z-1 = (quadratic)(quadratic)/z-1 -> z =/1 , or else denominator undefined.
from which you then get sum of roots = (quad)(quad), if you sub in z =1, it indicates that in the previous step you divided by 0.
actually tbh not sure about this. because i used to sub in 1 as well lol.
i think it is valid to sub in z=1 unless it is stated z=/1 in the q and or the fraction in (b) is given.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Been a long year emotionally for many so make sure you take some time to recuperate and get some sleep.
For sure for sure I’ve tried to have my balance of life and study so far during the holidays, we can only pray next year will not be a replication of this year : 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)