#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

Yakult1

HSC
yup

unlucky! I have 2 exams the rest are hand ins and somewhat spread lol
Its so stressful knowing that these exams go towards my ATAR, every year i've thought "well technically these arent going to my ATAR so it doesnt really matter what I get" but now i'm forced to recognise the importance of the exams. Also, I dont have an exam for history extension since we are doing the major, which is a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it.

Kyufruit

HSC
have y'all got your first yr12 assignments yet
I got arabic exam on Saturday next week, Arabic podcast and English mutlimodal due Friday next week, biology exam in two weeks and I’m getting my chemistry research task tomorrow

pls pray for me

Yakult1

HSC
Ye good. Loved the stimulus. Guess I'll have to wait to know tho.
I got arabic exam on Saturday next week, Arabic podcast and English mutlimodal due Friday next week, biology exam in two weeks and I’m getting my chemistry research task tomorrow

pls pray for me
I will never understand how anyone can do languages in highschool unless they are native speakers. Even I, someone who has spoken greek since birth (although i cant write or read lol) wasnt interested enough to do greek for the hsc. Props to you and good luck with everything!

Kyufruit

HSC

I will never understand how anyone can do languages in highschool unless they are native speakers. Even I, someone who has spoken greek since birth (although i cant write or read lol) wasnt interested enough to do greek for the hsc. Props to you and good luck with everything!
I’m doing Arabic and French. For Arabic, i also never learned how to read or write. I remember my first hsc arabic lesson I walked in not even knowing the alphabet, and now I’m doing extension!

its all about the amount of effort you’re willing to put in, plus learning languages is fun. I always told myself, even if I leave highschool not getting into med or not getting the atar I want, I want to graduate with something useful that’ll help me out in the long run, and what’s better than knowing languages?

Yakult1

HSC
I’m doing Arabic and French. For Arabic, i also never learned how to read or write. I remember my first hsc arabic lesson I walked in not even knowing the alphabet, and now I’m doing extension!

its all about the amount of effort you’re willing to put in, plus learning languages is fun. I always told myself, even if I leave highschool not getting into med or not getting the atar I want, I want to graduate with something useful that’ll help me out in the long run, and what’s better than knowing languages?
Thats a good way to put it. Being bilingual or even trilingual is a great skill to put on a future resume, and you can make way more connections through speaking different languages.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

You're doing Arabic Extension? Wow that's really impressive if you don't have any Arabic heritage!

Also, I'm happy to help with French in case you need it :D

All the best!

cherubjin

HSC
yall im about to cry- been working on this stupid english assignment for like three hours now and i haven't written anything the entire time rip ;-; how do you get motivated to write? im so clueless on how to continue and im too embarrassed to ask my teacher cos shes already pissed at how terrible everyones drafts were lol.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
yall im about to cry- been working on this stupid english assignment for like three hours now and i haven't written anything the entire time rip ;-; how do you get motivated to write? im so clueless on how to continue and im too embarrassed to ask my teacher cos shes already pissed at how terrible everyones drafts were lol.
Just start writing something. When you are first writing something for english it doesn't need to be perfect as no one can just come up with amazing paragraphs on the first go. After you have some paragraphs down then you can go back and improve them with better language and more quotes/analysis if needed. Also, you should ask for as much help as you can get. Teachers (well most of them) aren't going to shoot down a student for asking for help and would be more than willing to help a student improve who is showing initiative. The reason she may be angry about the drafts is the quality is not how she expects it should be but this is even more of a reason to ask for help as you can ask what things were written poorly and how it could be corrected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)