Well all my friends "grew up"... (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
AsyLum said:
Wait till you realise your friends have houses and mortgages, have long time girlfriends with some engaged, and now 5 years into full time jobs.

THEN talk about feeling childish.
Mate im totally feeling you on that. I still feel like the baby of the group, not because i am the youngest, nor because i look the youngest... actually i dont know why. Maybe its because i need alotta attention.

X

xeuyrawp

Miles Edgeworth said:
If it's messing with you, get new friends.
Definitely a good piece of advice.

I only still talk with 2 friends from highschool.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
It's so the exact opposite for me.

Uni friends = shitty socially incapable christian born again muso nerds.

My older friends are the best.

Every other kind of friend in whatever social circle are so much better than my uni friends.
oh god
uni such failure in friends dept
i have one ONE really good uni friend. the rest are annoying and shit and immature and i have not found one person who has any of the same interests as me. not in all my labs/tutes etc

the reason i think older friends are better is because i suck at small talk. if i can't talk about proper stuff with people i wont bother. so older friends who know you better, youre more likely to be able to crap on to

but yeah. again, dont worry about losing friends. it may take a while but soon you'll build up a good network of people who you love. i am very happy with my friends situation at the moment

HSC
holy shit ashton, haven't you been smoking peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
my uni friends and my school friends are equally good imo, i hang out with both and they arent the type of 'different friends for different needs' like one is party and one is politics.... they are both an equal mix of fun and serious, its good cause one night some1 tells me to come over to a party or something, and the very next day i go out clubbing with my other group of friends.

SweetSeasons

HSC
my high school friends a shit.. uni friends rock.. but then maybe that's because I expect less from my uni friends.. like if we go 2 the city 2gether I know I'm going home alone cause i'm the only one that lives out my way, where as my school friends I never know if i'm comming home alone or not and that SHITS me. Hrmmm, like uni friends would never dog me, they are a much more loyal bunch.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
my high school friends a shit.. uni friends rock.. but then maybe that's because I expect less from my uni friends.. like if we go 2 the city 2gether I know I'm going home alone cause i'm the only one that lives out my way, where as my school friends I never know if i'm comming home alone or not and that SHITS me. Hrmmm, like uni friends would never dog me, they are a much more loyal bunch.
yeah you know i think i'm gonna have to get used to that...all my high school friends live in the same area i do, so it figures we usually all go home together. but i reckon come uni i'll be lucky to make friends with any people who live here. besides the 3 or so people from my school who are going to the same uni. lol.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
You know what! I'm currently in the exact situation, expect its the opposite way around. Since last month, the UAI releases, my friends and I (depsite the many philosophies about the inaccuracies of the HSC) have grown appart somehow. They all think that because their UAI ( aka. 40s ish ) compared to my UAI (high 90's ) are so dramtically different, they're sorta treated me all differently and I dunno...maybe even a little silent when I approach at a cafe when we meet on saturdays. Its just... weird. While I'm always on the Chess club, debating club, public speaking club, knitting club, and bookworms club I've developed a liking for a lot of academic and competitive organisations. I couldnt wait to join as many clubs, comps, scholarship offers as I can.

Anyone feel the same?

Redgoddess

HSC
Haha, i'm the low achiever in my group of close friends with my pitiful 93.00, i'm sure you'll meet ppl at uni though who will appreciate your intelligence and you'll connect on a different level to what you and your school friends connected on...hopefully.

but yeah, for sure i wanna get involved in uni life too

Affinity

HSC
Ingoesout said:
What the fuck? So we've been at uni for a year and all of a sudden these holidays i've just realised how different we are.

I didn't really realise until my self and 2 others went to a talk a talk at the AIIA (Brendan Nelson guest speaker) and afterwards i realised how well informed they both were compared to me.

Now things havent really changed when im with them, i still have a ball, but i can't shake this feeling that they might have lost all respect for me.

In their own time they now choose to go to political debates, go on exclusive leadship camps, do internships at parliament house, volunteer for EVERYTHING, get ridiulously sought after scholarships to study overseas... yeahhh

They've all just become so crazy-motivated, and well, for now I just want to be a teenager, bludge through my uni degree and have fun on the side.
I have the whole rest of my life to be serious..right?

We've been friends for years, maybe they were like this all along.

I mean the other night we were at a pub, and all of a sudden all they wanted to talk about was "the decline of small communities" .. I WAS PISSED.. i wanted to have fun. That's not fun for me.

Think it's time for me to move on? Or learn from them? Gah my freaking ego couldn't stand to learn from them. I've always been smart, but now i'm just so far behind.

Is everyone this informed these days?

Help.
They need to learn some manners... no politics at tables/pubs

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Affinity said:
They need to learn some manners... no politics at tables/pubs
There's nothing wrong with politics at the pub, you just have to know that who you're talking about it with wants to talk about it.

And to the threadstarter, I barely talk to any of my friends for the same reason. They're basically shit and think they're fantastic.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
93 pityful? you make 93 % of the state of new south wales sound like dim wits. Get some consideration dammit. Even though I scored higher, I woulndt say 93 was pityful. oh no.

SweetSeasons

HSC
u know it's funny u talk about the grades n stuff.. cause I seem to find my self I dunno, not by choice just cause it happens, but only talkin 2 the ppl from school who got around the same mark as me like 75 to 85.. maybe it's cause we are all on the same level or something? like we all got those marks and had an awesome time at school and are kind of adjusted to life outside of school..

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
u know it's funny u talk about the grades n stuff.. cause I seem to find my self I dunno, not by choice just cause it happens, but only talkin 2 the ppl from school who got around the same mark as me like 75 to 85.. maybe it's cause we are all on the same level or something? like we all got those marks and had an awesome time at school and are kind of adjusted to life outside of school..
Well if you already hung out with them at school then of course you'd still keep in contact after school.

I don't see why UAIs should be a barrier between people who might otherwise be very similar or get along very well.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ingoesout said:
Oh oh oh.. and the other day... on Sunday... they dressed up.. and went to church. The only way i'd dress up and go to church is if i was dressed as satan for a laugh.
'Nuff said.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
You know what! I'm currently in the exact situation, expect its the opposite way around. Since last month, the UAI releases, my friends and I (depsite the many philosophies about the inaccuracies of the HSC) have grown appart somehow. They all think that because their UAI ( aka. 40s ish ) compared to my UAI (high 90's ) are so dramtically different, they're sorta treated me all differently and I dunno...maybe even a little silent when I approach at a cafe when we meet on saturdays. Its just... weird. While I'm always on the Chess club, debating club, public speaking club, knitting club, and bookworms club I've developed a liking for a lot of academic and competitive organisations. I couldnt wait to join as many clubs, comps, scholarship offers as I can.

Anyone feel the same?
Uh...the only competition you'll be caring about in a couple of months is the jacky jack ring-pull comp at GREEN WEEK...

amirite y/y?

Redgoddess

HSC
Jessica_00 said:
93 pityful? you make 93 % of the state of new south wales sound like dim wits. Get some consideration dammit. Even though I scored higher, I woulndt say 93 was pityful. oh no.

um, it was sarcasm dude. 93 is fucking good, i'm well aware of that. you misread my tone entirely. i was merely comparing our situations - you've got high nineties and don't fit with your friends any more, 3 of my best friends got 99.something, and many of the ppl from my school scored higher than i did, i got 93 and am not considered a particularly high achiever, it's funny how perceptions differ and all that shit.

Last edited:

Unassume

HSC
Jessica_00 said:

Anyone feel the same?
Did you know that everyone around you hates you so very very much because you're a shit person?

You don't even have anything decent to be happy about yourself for. That's what makes this so laughable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)