Well, I got my lowest test result ever. (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
3/30 in Extension Math.

Lost marks because I did not write the testing bit for inequalities, stuffed up circle geo. Im coming last and the difference between me and the 2nd last guy is 10marks.

Better study.

ccc123

HSC
Twickel said:
3/30 in Extension Math.

Lost marks because I did not write the testing bit for inequalities, stuffed up circle geo. Im coming last and the difference between me and the 2nd last guy is 10marks.

Better study.

Was it because you didn't study properly/had a bad day or because you're not understanding the content?

Twickel

HSC
Well, you know one of the questions was so so so so easy in circle geo it was worth 3 marks , the answer was a=b=22 c=68, I wrote the numbers on the question booklet and on the answer page I wrote a=b=68 and c=22.

I really didnt know I had to show all the working for the inequalities they were easy, so I did not write the testing x.

+ to much strees= mental blockout when you see exam.

Still no excuse I FAILED to perform.

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Twickel said:
Well, you know one of the questions was so so so so easy in circle geo it was worth 3 marks , the answer was a=b=22 c=68, I wrote the numbers on the question booklet and on the answer page I wrote a=b=68 and c=22.

I really didnt know I had to show all the working for the inequalities they were easy, so I did not write the testing x.

+ to much strees= mental blockout when you see exam.

Still no excuse I FAILED to perform.
Don't worry about it Twickel. Just learn from your mistake, and it's only Year 11 :). Better luck next time.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Twickel said:
3/30 in Extension Math.

Better study.
Does that exam go towards your report? Then, you should try harder next time to boost your results.

Go and have a look at what I wrote here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...d.php?t=168229

It might help you a bit. For more info, PM me.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Just to get an idea about how hard the test was, could you tell what the top 3 highest marks were?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Even if it does count to your report. It's probably your first test of Year 11. Better you stuff up now, than half way through Year 12. You'll learn to recheck your work now.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I would strongly suggest going to your teacher at lunch or something and going over every little detail of the test that you didnt get, and from that, you will learn. but in the end, you gotta study hard to get good results.

The Kaiser

HSC
Always recheck your work and put as much relavent working out as possible. (Careless mistakes are the most annoying part of tests but if you show you know how to solve the question you'll still get some marks)

There is always the Half Yearlies/Yearlies to improve so don't fret.

Alissia

HSC
just remembre one thing... ALWAYS WRITE YOUR WORKING OUT!!! .. if u miss out on one step, it cud cost u a mark,, they giv u points for working out if its right but your answer is wrong!!!

Hysterik

HSC
I got 7/80 in a French test once. But now I'm near the top of French and top in French Extension at my school. It's a learning curve, as my dear mother would say.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Twickel said:
I think the highest was around 16.
Average of about 53 1/3 %, but I don't want to make judgement on whether the test was hard unless I see it. Still, with 3/30 my parents would have kicked me out of the house.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If the highest mark was 16, then how can the average be 53.33%? Unless there's something that I'm not seeing.

HSC
Aerath said:
If the highest mark was 16, then how can the average be 53.33%? Unless there's something that I'm not seeing.
no no, youre not. 16/33 is about 48.5%

=D gotta love topping general maths.

chill out, last year (when i was in the mathematics course) my class literally only had 4 people pass the preliminary. we had all the kids who didnt do extension.

i got 50%(yes, i was one of the 4). i changed states(qld->nsw) midyear and theyre different. so i dropped, but that was more to do with the fact that i find maths incredibly boring and im really much more interested in arts subjects.

but the main thing is, as long as you try in year 11, they let you go to grade 12, pretty much regardless of your result(at least in public schools). and year 11 has no impact on results in grade 12. (thank god) so if you get on top of it by your prelim, youll be absolutely fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)