Well i royally screwed up :( (1 Viewer)

FightingSmile64

HSC
So got my marks today for 2 unit maths, least to say I screwed up and got 48 percent. All the extension kids passed, as usual and got all above 80, some got really high and the rest of us 2 unit guys are like WTF and silent. I don't know my exact rank because I don't have the official numbers and also the results from my assessment task. (which I think I did good in) I think I am like ranked, 6 out of 12 at the highest, though we are miles behind, the rest of us basically failed. I will update again when official numbers come through...

As you can see I am not aiming for a b6, the most I was going for was a b5 but at this rate its like a band 1 and I am not happy. I know I can do better, I studied a week going through all these exercise, walking out of the test confident and then bamm, reality hits and I f*cked up. Our school is like ranked 250ish so really I doubt I can come back and scrap a b5.

However, I am willingly to improve on this, I have 12 units so I can afford to screw up but I want maths to count, even though it will be hard. I don't really need this high level maths, I am doing IT but probs the basic information technology course with business etc but I understand calculus etc but just cant translate it onto the exam paper.

Thanks, what do you think?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
So got my marks today for 2 unit maths, least to say I screwed up and got 48 percent. All the extension kids passed, as usual and got all above 80, some got really high and the rest of us 2 unit guys are like WTF and silent. I don't know my exact rank because I don't have the official numbers and also the results from my assessment task. (which I think I did good in) I think I am like ranked, 6 out of 12 at the highest, though we are miles behind, the rest of us basically failed. I will update again when official numbers come through...

As you can see I am not aiming for a b6, the most I was going for was a b5 but at this rate its like a band 1 and I am not happy. I know I can do better, I studied a week going through all these exercise, walking out of the test confident and then bamm, reality hits and I f*cked up. Our school is like ranked 250ish so really I doubt I can come back and scrap a b5.

However, I am willingly to improve on this, I have 12 units so I can afford to screw up but I want maths to count, even though it will be hard. I don't really need this high level maths, I am doing IT but probs the basic information technology course with business etc but I understand calculus etc but just cant translate it onto the exam paper.

Thanks, what do you think?
What textbook are you using? If its Maths in Focus move to Cambridge or Fitzpatrick.

FightingSmile64

HSC
I am planning to really buckle down, its hard with 12 units but I want to do well. What scores should I aim for increasing my chances of B5? I have an assessment and trails left, worth quite a bit

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
2U is no high level maths and I'd have thought a minimum of 2U is required for IT, or am I mistaken?

FightingSmile64

HSC
Damm doesnt look good. Should i focus on my other subjects more? Also to the guy above 2unit maths is def not popular in our school and most students do not even bother

integral95

HSC
Mate I know someone who failed 2 of his 2U test (including the half yearlies)

He got his game on real hard for the rest of the year, ended up in the 70s for the CSSA trials, then walked away with a B5.

What I would advice is get some help from your peers and not just from your teacher, and of course as the others have said, use cambridge or fitzpatrick if possible.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Don't give up keep trying your best in 2 unit because you'll probably require some of it for IT I'd think. And it still is very possible to get b5 just make sure you use cambridge and do LOTS AND LOTS of past papers. Do them regularly, so eg every week do at least 7. And you don't have to time yourself, just do them at a leisurely pace and go through the worked solutions to the questions you struggle with.

Do you have access to past 2 unit papers from other schools?

FightingSmile64

HSC
Yeah I forget to grab the practice past paper book before my exam..... I am seeing my teacher tomorrow to find out what I need to do to improve and she may give me weekly revision stuff as well to help. Thanks guys

I know and she knows that I can do greatly better, she said it was an insult to my intelligence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)