We're all in this together...right? (1 Viewer)

Gutterstomp

HSC
Hey all,
Just a general question which I only realised may have potential to screw me over slightly. I was ranked relatively well this year during Advanced, and post-trials decided it would be beneficial to upload a portion of my notes, quotes etc. in order to help everyone else go well, because as I had been told we were essentially all in it together from this point onwards.

Upon doing this, I realised that it is highly likely that the devices and analysis I uploaded is likely to be recycled by quite a few people in my year, and I was wondering if this would cause the markers to go "Oh, they all have the same stuff, lower marks." I really hope that isn't the case, because it was done with good intentions, but do you think it will have any severe negative impact on how I go at the marking center if I use the original stuff which I planned out anyway?

TLDR: Gave people my notes, will that screw me over in the marking process.

Cheers all for responses

interesting

HSC
N/A
They won't mark you down simply because you have the same stuff. It depends on how well you present it and explain those 'same stuff' . I'm pretty sure nobody would write the same thing word for word because that's just stupid.. also markers would mark so many things with similar or different stuff that they wouldn't realise they were the same.

themanman

HSC
N/A
mate, what you fail to understand is...

people are selfish

they take and never give

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nah, wouldn't necessarily be the case that you'd get lower marks. Of course, if it were copied word for word, you'd be fucked, but if it's the same techniques and quotes, that wouldn't really be an issue. The marker would just assume: "hey, these kids went to the same school, they probably learnt off the same teacher, they got the same notes, it's hence understandable that they'd have similar issues in their essays".

D94

HSC
N/A
Even if you give a whole grade the exact same material, you will all not get the same mark or lower mark. There will be people who know how to correctly use it, and give their perspective. There will be others who will just copy what you have. Consequently, the latter won't do as well as the top people, so you will all get plotted as you would throughout the year... I highly doubt you will get the same mark or lower marks.

Gutterstomp

HSC
Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys, really appreciate it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Make sure you impress upon your friends not to copy word for word. :)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Can the markers tell if you went to the same school? I'm in a similar but less extensive predicament

yours

HSC
Can the markers tell if you went to the same school? I'm in a similar but less extensive predicament
Markers mark in school batches. They know it's the same school because of the school number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)