What a joke the AFL tribunal is! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopey989

HSC
What a joke!

Barry Hall's one match ban is a load of poo! That punch was a soft tap, matt mcguire is the biggest cat goin round!

Just like to see what all you afl heads think about this, and if his appeal fails tonight will the swans take it to the courts like they did for dunkley in 96?

mcbec

HSC
i agree, i think its so stupid!! i mean come on, one little punch in the tummy and hes not allowed to play in a Grand Final??

also, as someone mentioned before, wen macguire went off he had more work being done on his sore shoulder than his stomach!! players always over-react to hits and things like that to try and milk a free-kick... stupid... grr... but oh well, Sydney still have a very good team, even if they do end up having to play without Hall!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
and you say football (i mean soccer) players are a bunch of actors

one week is fair. the big question is, what was barry hall doing a "love tap"? Whats the point? anyone who does somefing like that deserves a ban

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
and you say football (i mean soccer) players are a bunch of actors

one week is fair. the big question is, what was barry hall doing a "love tap"? Whats the point? anyone who does somefing like that deserves a ban
Well he got off didn't he? :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hall cleared to play in grand final

Sydney Swans captain Barry Hall was cleared to play in Saturday's AFL grand final by the AFL tribunal tonight.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
It's not because it hurt. It's because he actually did it. Whether this "punch" effects the player is of no question, the fact that Hall did it means he should get suspended.
mcbec said:
i agree, i think its so stupid!! i mean come on, one little punch in the tummy and hes not allowed to play in a Grand Final??
The tribunal has to treat each ban the same, whether it's in round 12 or the Grand Final. Hall was just stupid in doing it the game before the Grand Final.

EDIT: He was only cleared because the tribunal feared the Sydney media backlash, now they'll get it from elsewhere. I mean one article in the SMH actually said Hall would be suspended because Melbourne hates Sydney, I mean gimme a break!

Last edited:

davo_

good kid
HSC
bazookajoe said:
It's not because it hurt. It's because he actually did it. Whether this "punch" effects the player is of no question, the fact that Hall did it means he should get suspended.
I agree that it doesn't matter what happens to the player shouldn't matter (although more often than not in tribunal situations it does) - but to the effect that he should not be suspended. It was softer than butter... on that note I have seem some very soft AFL suspensions.

Haku

wtf you should all be happy that Barry got off and can play on sat, happy about the decision the tribunal made.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
nosadness said:
wtf you should all be happy that Barry got off and can play on sat, happy about the decision the tribunal made.
No. For one not EVERYBODY is a friggin Swans fan. Not everyone on this forum is from Sydney. Not everyone likes Barry Hall.
And some people (like me) think that some things are totally stupid, like this decision.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
No. For one not EVERYBODY is a friggin Swans fan. Not everyone on this forum is from Sydney. Not everyone likes Barry Hall.
And some people (like me) think that some things are totally stupid, like this decision.
Oh come on Joe, they just convinced the committee that the incident waz IN PLAY, and that wit the early guilty plea, reduced the pointz to 90 somethin which allowz him to play on Sat.

Where you from anyway...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)