What absurd things have people done in your school due to competition and rivalry? (1 Viewer)

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC
Re: What absurd things have people done in your school due to competition and rivalry

Wow that's pretty rude of her. I don't really have a story but I do know a few people who purposely say they aren't going to study or to just chill or take a bit of a break when in fact they just spend most their time studying and say that they 'fluked' all their assessments or something.
what are you people all 5 years old?

in university people actually HIDE books from the uni library that are needed for assignments/study in different sections once they're done with them so that students after them can't/have trouble finding them and completing their work

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Re: What absurd things have people done in your school due to competition and rivalry

one time this guy in my grade who seemed to be a bit flushed and tired walked into our library so i stopped and asked him why he was studying as i was concerned because he'd been working a lot on school work lately and seemed to even be sacrificing his lunch food to study

i guess he's really competitively natured and paranoid that i'm some sort of rival because then a few days later a friend sent me a link and i found out he made a thread defaming me on a popular student website when i hadn't actually done anything to him

don't you guys think that's a bit absurd?
hahahahha fuck :')

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Think the most retarded thing ive seen was when someone in my IT class copied by robot program and decided to use it.
Silly fucker didnt proof read the code and failed to see the note box saying it belonged to me.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Think the most retarded thing ive seen was when someone in my IT class copied by robot program and decided to use it.
Silly fucker didnt proof read the code and failed to see the note box saying it belonged to me.
Hahaha!

HSC
N/A

I remember I poisoned someone. They didn't die, they just got really sick. (Food poising)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

^Don't be such a witch...

starshine02

HSC

what are you people all 5 years old?

in university people actually HIDE books from the uni library that are needed for assignments/study in different sections once they're done with them so that students after them can't/have trouble finding them and completing their work
Wait I don't get it? Why don't they just borrow it? Or is it restricted loan books?

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC

Wait I don't get it? Why don't they just borrow it? Or is it restricted loan books?
don't ask me man I don't do it

it's probably the stuff you can't loan

HSC
N/A

lolol

I did this at my school. I just stole the library books people needed

starshine02

HSC

Now that I think about it...someone once borrowed a couple of textbooks under someone else's name at the library and just never returned them. And by the time the victim realised it was already like half a year later...

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad

I'll share what happened to me recently.

It was a bright summer day and it was pretty damn hot. Considering my school doesn't have air conditioning in any room except the library I decided to go there at lunch so I could get some prep done for Chemistry as well as cool off. As I enter the library, a girl in my Chemistry class is leaving from her free period (study period) and she sees me take out my book for chem. (Context: Last year this girl got top marks in prelim yearly exam and is super competitive). So as I was going into the library, she almost stood in my way and interrogated me. "Why are you going Library at lunch?", my reply was with honesty "Just to cool down a bit and study for the chem assessment as I missed out on some studying last night", she smirked, and said "Aren't you going too hard this year, you must be really dedicated." At this point I was like, what!? It's not as if I want to like demolish you and rip apart your entire life and HSC, and it's not as if I will with 20 minutes of Chemistry study (one of my weakest subjects). Just let me go to the library.
I thought this was going to end with her turning off the air con in order to hinder your studying.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I remember a year ago, a friend of mine gave out notes to a few people. Then it got spread around to ppl in her circle of friends. Then everyone in that particular group started using them because they were too lazy to make their own. Later some ppl claimed it to be their own, and this blonde chick (who I liked), told me and her about the notes spreading out.

Freaken hell, ppl plz make your own notes ffs, but if you do get other ppls notes, at least credit them for their work.
This kinda happened at my school, a guy shared all his (pretty good) notes with the grade to anyone who asked. Somebody supposedly ended up printing a copy of his notes (with his name on them!) and stash them in the toilets next to the hall, supervisors found the note and he had to have a meeting with the board and provide names of everyone he'd sent the notes to putting him in a pretty bad position. The guy he suspects did it was actually revising from a set of his notes before hand with a changed name on them lol... bit suspicious.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

You can only borrow stuff for a certain length of time, and if someone else puts a hold on it, you can't keep renewing it. So people hide it so they always have access to it.

HSC

I used to do something similar to my friends. I would usually pretend to panic a day before the exams and my friends would notice this and thus, a domino effect would take place. My friends would also panic and would struggle to perform to their potential in exams, which was slightly funny.

The worst one is when people ask you for help, but when the time comes where you need help, they ignore you. That's called being a bitch

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

You can only borrow stuff for a certain length of time, and if someone else puts a hold on it, you can't keep renewing it. So people hide it so they always have access to it.
Yeah, uni is totally different to hsc though. I know some unis scale to bell curves and stuff, but UTS don't so my friends have a kind of "It's you vs the uni" mentality and help each other with subjects.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I used to do something similar to my friends. I would usually pretend to panic a day before the exams and my friends would notice this and thus, a domino effect would take place. My friends would also panic and would struggle to perform to their potential in exams, which was slightly funny.

The worst one is when people ask you for help, but when the time comes where you need help, they ignore you. That's called being a bitch
As is that.

Examine

same
HSC

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)