What advice can year 12 pass on to year 11? (1 Viewer)

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
3G'sMt5:16 said:
mathematics sux? hmm.. never knew a^2+b^2 = (a+b)^2 - 2ab where a = alphaabd b =beta
And i did Mathematics this year and i Still dont know that!!

:)

My comments: Start making your notes at the start of the year, make notes as you do the subjects in class, and by all means, make notes on the next topic too!

-=DD32=-

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
DoubleD said:
And i did Mathematics this year and i Still dont know that!!

:)

My comments: Start making your notes at the start of the year, make notes as you do the subjects in class, and by all means, make notes on the next topic too!

-=DD32=-
How about (a+b+c)2 = (a2 + b2 + c2) + 2(ab + bc + ca)? It might come in handy somewhere in the exam. :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
- If you do something with a major work, DONT leave it till the last minute
- keepup with reading and know your texts
- do pratice papers and essays

MOST IMPORTANTLY...have fun!!!

shellsbells15

HSC
Scared Already!!!

ok i have been in year 12 for what?? all of 2 weeks... and i am SOOO screwed.
- i am on msn every night whilst pretending to do work....
- i have not started any assignments
- my notes are already in a mess

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
shellsbells15 said:
ok i have been in year 12 for what?? all of 2 weeks... and i am SOOO screwed.
- i am on msn every night whilst pretending to do work....
- i have not started any assignments
- my notes are already in a mess

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!
relax I am still like that and I am doing my HSC
take a deep breath

3G'sMt5:16

HSC
volumes of revolution about the y axis formula:

V = PIE . times the (S... sum) of the integral from a --> b (X)^2 (this X...which is || to the y axis, which is why it is rotated about the Y axis!) units^3 (CUBED!! if there is no units staterddd... over stayterrd.. ohhh whyyy, doo you... lol FORTUNE FADED!=).. lalala..ohh yeh DY

so: V = PIE . times the (S... sum) of the integral from a --> b (X)^2 dy (with respects to y or in terms of y) units^3

where a and b is taked from the y- axis and not the x.. i.e. 'e' --> | not 'e' --> -

where 'e' = pronunciation of e.. 'e'

i'm outta ere...lol

muhammad 1

HSC
Be consistent.
Don't lose your sleep PARTICULARLY when you have an exam the next day.
People will tell you different ways to study and what is more effective and whatnot. In the end, everyone is different and has a different way of learning eg: colour, mind maps etc. Ofcourse, that's not to say their suggestions shouldn't be considered. Usually alot of those suggestions are helpful and will probably work for you.
Know the syllabus back to front, especially for things like legal studies.
Don't worry about your marks, just do the best that you can do...easier said than done I know, but that's all you can ask of yourself.
Teachers are usually a great asset - use this to your advantage and don't be shy to ask questions.
Have breakfast and maintain your health eg: go for walks

Good Luck Y12 '06!

bini_bung

HSC
I'm of class 2006 but I sat for my IPT HSC in back in yr10 (2004). The mark I got didn't reflect my true capabilities. So from what little experience I have of undertaking a HSC course, here's what I have to share:

1. Don't forget or ignore your friends. You'll need your friends and they'll need you to support each other throughout the year.
2. Pay attention to your teacher(s) in class. Your teacher may be filled with a lot of bullcrap but you will regret it if they said something important and you weren't listening.
3. The moment you receive a task, get straight to work. This might just mean figuring out what the question is asking for.
4. Share notes with your classmates. Ultimately, if they do well, you'll do well to. Also, teaching is the most effective way of learning.
5. If you want to get BETTER marks, make your work unique by using external sources. I know this may contradict the previous point, but I guess you just have to be selective of what to share then.
6. Read over notes covered in class each day before starting on your homework.
7. Make your own notes and summaries on a regular basis. This will help with your revision and make it easier for you when it come to revising for assessments.
8. Set a goal and break it down to smaller goals which you can achieve a bit at a time.
9. Studying can be a bore so try to familiarise yourself with material using different methods. eg. quizzes amongst friends, flash cards, etc. Alternatively, study in different environments; try an empty classroom, the local library, the park, etc.
10. HAVE FUN! It's alright to be stressed, it keeps you alert, but you must remember to relax; go out and party, hang out with friends, do something you like. It's easier to study if you are refreshed.

I hoped this has helped... This is also kinda a reminder to myself of what I can do to help me achieve my goal. Cheers!

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
In science, make syllabus summaries while you're doing the work, not when you're nearing the tests. Make sure you cover every dot point in the syallabus: this practically assures you will have all the information you need for the test.

Also, don't stay up till 1 AM in the middle of the HSC exams...

darkroomgirl

HSC
petzl said:
By the way i finished watching Blade Runner and it is the worst movie i have every seen in my life! (thats the truth). im not looking forward to studying it next year, oh well I hope Brave New World is better.
Don't let your dislike of a text, a module or topic take over. Take it as it is, don't stick with first impressions cos they usually suck.

Your weight will go up and down this year. Ignore it.

If you're doing any major projects, work on it constantly and consistently. MAKE SURE YOUR JOURNALS/PROCESS DIARIES ARE REGULARLY UPDATED.

Ask your teachers questions all the time.

Don't be an HSC fascist. You gotta laugh at yourself sometimes. And don't ignore family and friends.

For subjects like English, which is really analytical, don't depend on the study guides, because everyone's gonna be reading them. Make your own ideas. Markers look for uniqueness (as long as you could back it up).

BE HEALTHY. Eat properly, sleep properly, excercise whenever you can.

All-nighters? Forget it. I got very sick this year because of it, and a lot of people wouldn't recommend it.

On that note, make sure that you work consistently enough so that you wouldn't have to do an all-nighter.

Remember that your value as a person does not depend on your marks.

Last but not least: Don't worry, there's no sugar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)