What are some unsual things your lecturer/tutor/lab demonstrator said? (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
My memory is faint and distorted but I'll give it a go:

Linguistics lecturer:

"We should head to the uni bar at the end of the semester and get smashed.
Oops.
In the name of linguistics.
We as in everyone inclusive including me."

Commentary: That would be cool, dawg.

Math 1A Calculus tutor:

He tries to pronounce sec2x

"You know that the derivative of tan x is sex, sex squared, *stutters more*, I mean sec squared, secant squared.
Sex is the last thing on my mind."

Commentary: Sure...

Comp for Engineers lecturer:

"Whoever doesn't conform to (this) should be ... shot"

Commentary: Harsh, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept a Remington M870 under his pillow.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Me: (Holding a hammer) Sir I'm trying to break apart the atoms in this piece of Iron.

Demonstrator: That won't work, use this (hands me a chisel)

:)

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Computing joke, so forgive me.

Student: 1100101000101001010101??
Richard Buckland: 1

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Thermodynamics lecturer whatshisname: SHUTTUP!!! (didnt sound like he was joking :uhoh:)

comp1911 lecturer: Oh come on guys (in the most faggiest voice ive ever heard, lol)

Last edited:

Justina

HSC
Thermodynamics lecturer whatshisname: SHUTTUP!!! (didnt sound like he was joking :uhoh:)

Gabrial Ditu in comp1911: Oh come on guys (in the most faggiest voice ive ever heard, lol)
*indian acccent*: "accounting rocks!" "Shitty bank..erm, sorry, i mean city bank"

Pace_T

HSC
i remember one of my accounting lecturers was discussing the importance of ethics in an accounting setting, and also how your job could be on the line if you don't do the right thing

then he mentioned that he worked for some big corporation where he was making lots of $$$ but now he works as a lecturer. then he asked the class, why do you think im now a lecturer?
hahahaha

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
"In mathematics, laziness is sometimes a virtue"
Danny Chan

haru

HSC
i remember one of my accounting lecturers was discussing the importance of ethics in an accounting setting, and also how your job could be on the line if you don't do the right thing

then he mentioned that he worked for some big corporation where he was making lots of $$$ but now he works as a lecturer. then he asked the class, why do you think im now a lecturer?
hahahaha
lol i think that lecturer u mention is Leon Wong. That guy is funny haha

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
lol i think that lecturer u mention is Leon Wong. That guy is funny haha
was he the one who then proceeded to take out his old business cards and put them on the projector for everyone to see?

Pace_T

HSC
was he the one who then proceeded to take out his old business cards and put them on the projector for everyone to see?
hahah YES! we were probably in the same lecture. can't remember if it was accting 1a or 1b.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
gen-ed tutor:

(after finishing marking the roll while some students were still walking into the room)

"If I didn't get you off you can come see me after class"

click here

to see my profile
HSC
The tutor was a female post-graduate student. After she said it, the whole class was trying really hard not to laugh but eventually someone bursted out laughing. Then she admit her mistake, laughed at herself and said it was so embarassing for her. And oh in case the guys wanted to know, yes she was hot.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
So the Mechanics of Solids lecturer was ready to answer questions, he said:

"Shoot me!"

and the whole class lol'd

The tutor was a female post-graduate student. After she said it, the whole class was trying really hard not to laugh but eventually someone bursted out laughing. Then she admit her mistake, laughed at herself and said it was so embarassing for her. And oh in case the guys wanted to know, yes she was hot.
nice.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
in an ecology lecture this morning, talking about interactions between organisms, and he was on the topic of fungi:
"it's rather amusing come autumn every year when quite a few magic mushrooms sprout up right next to the vice-chancellor's parking space here on campus...*pause* of course, I didn't just tell you that magic mushrooms are growing next to the vice chancellory."

we lol'd.

LordPc

HSC
has anyone got shaun disney as a tutor? ive got him and our class is a little bit shy so people rarely answer his questions which have led to some interesting remarks...

"So you have no more questions you want to ask me? *silence* We'll I'm a skeptical person by nature so I'm going to do some anyway"

*writes up a quetion* "What is the answer to this question? *again silence. for about 15-20 seconds this time* Well you all seem to think that the answer is prayer"

"No more questions then? Well then I'm just doing to indulge myself by doing question 20 for you"

"Is this true or false?" *silence* "I maintain my stance that this is not a difficult question to answer"

"I dont like this question about Sherlock Holmes. I prefer contemporary drama. who here has read sherlock holmes?..." cant remember the rest but he kept complaining about it.

*in the middle of doing a problem "no im not going to write 'i.e.' cause none of you know what it really means"

great tutor but his little remarks are just the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)