• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are the chances getting into my course with my ATAR. (1 Viewer)

avengerx105

HSC
Hello guys.

Lately I've been getting worried about the upcoming Main round offers. I put Bachelor of Mathematics and Finance as my first preference which has a cut-off mark of 80.05. While I only scored a ATAR of 76.30. But I am eligible of getting 5 bonus points for this course.

What are my chances of getting an offer for this course with the extra bonus points?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I would personally say 60-70% hopeful as ATAR cut-offs change every year.

There's nothing you can get too worried about because it is out of your control. Hopefully you have picked a good backup just in case.

GivenTake110

HSC
N/A
If the uni offers bonus points, then why wouldn't you get in? I know alot of people in my degree who got less than the cut-off (say 3-4 points) and got in 'without' bonus points. It all depends on the demand of the course.

avengerx105

HSC
If the uni offers bonus points, then why wouldn't you get in? I know alot of people in my degree who got less than the cut-off (say 3-4 points) and got in 'without' bonus points. It all depends on the demand of the course.
So are you saying that I would most likely get an offer with my atar+bonus points that exceeds the cut-off?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If your ATAR, including bonus points exceeds this year's cut-off you will get in but please remember that any cut-off you have seen is a guide only as cut-offs change annually. What the cut-off will be for your year is still not known and won't be known until after the offers are known.

K

khorne

Remember

ALL unis inflate cut offs, to make courses look better. You'll probably get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)