What are the chances of getting caught plagiarizing? (1 Viewer)

Validity

HSC
not a whole essay but maybe a few sentences throughout the essay

fakermaker

HSC
Honestly, if the source is obscure enough...they'll probably never notice a copied sentence.

But I'm curious as to why you consider this one sentence to be worth copying?

Validity

HSC
i don't know how to reword it but i like it. Its exactly the same word for word as well... and im just worried it might get picked up on because it's from a band 6 essay

madharris

HSC
N/A
You will be fine don't worry, unless many other people have used the same essay.

If you're really scared about it then right click on a word and go synonyms, or look some up on the internet

fakermaker

HSC
i don't know how to reword it but i like it. Its exactly the same word for word as well... and im just worried it might get picked up on because it's from a band 6 essay
It that case, perhaps you might get noticed. Seeing as how you like the wording, but could not reproduce it yourself, perhaps it will stand out in your essay and give the marker reason to search for it...

Alkanes

HSC
Hard to reword something yourself from a band 6 model answer. If you reword a sentence or even in a phrase, it could change the whole meaning of what you write.

Validity

HSC
It that case, perhaps you might get noticed. Seeing as how you like the wording, but could not reproduce it yourself, perhaps it will stand out in your essay and give the marker reason to search for it...
so they actually go searching for these things? well.. the rest of my essay has similar language to the quotes so as long as it doesnt stand out, it should be fine?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
so they actually go searching for these things? well.. the rest of my essay has similar language to the quotes so as long as it doesnt stand out, it should be fine?
I have a feeling markers are told which specific question they are marking so one would expect that they do some preliminary research beforehand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)