What are you attracted to? (2 Viewers)

The most important thing is:

• I'm a shallow person; how they look

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I'm so deep; what's inside (eg personality)

Votes: 47 17.6%
  • I won't settle for anything less than looks and personality

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • It's not either; it's an unexplainable feeling

Votes: 98 36.7%

• Total voters

LazyBoy

HSC
primarily personality. i wont date a girl unless shes intelligent, a little eccentric. and we have things in common an a chemsitry. With that said i still need to be attracted to the girl for there to be a chemistry, but im attracted to anglo saxon looking girls, the girls who look like a 'bring home to mummy' girl if you know what i mean.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm sure people will respond on here saying 'personality', but lets be honest with ourselves here! The first thing you notice about someone is their appearance, thus looks. Whether you're initially attracted to someone will determine whether you will pursue a friendship, thus discover their personality. The only way someone could legitimatly say personality is if they were blind. Or desperate (a point raised just then by my father!).

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
looks > personality

I'd never go out with a girl I didn't find attractive.

LazyBoy

HSC
nope i know a blind guy he is really shallow, we were doing something for the alp during the elections. Afterwards we were having a beer and he goes "that girl you were talking to sounded really hot... you know big tits nice figure...was she?"

Im shallow, everyone is shallow. It just depends on how shallow you are.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
LazyBoy said:
nope i know a blind guy he is really shallow, we were doing something for the alp during the elections. Afterwards we were having a beer and he goes "that girl you were talking to sounded really hot... you know big tits nice figure...was she?"

Im shallow, everyone is shallow. It just depends on how shallow you are.
Yeh that's true. I don't thik it matters how someone looks as long as i am not revolted by the sight of him.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah, looks DO matter to some extent cos there has to be some kind of initial attraction... even if someones just got really nice eyes, or whatever - theres gotta be something. so looks & personality count

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
yeah, looks DO matter to some extent cos there has to be some kind of initial attraction... even if someones just got really nice eyes, or whatever - theres gotta be something. so looks & personality count
Oh damn...all hope is lost for me!! I have neither :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
gloria_b said:
Yeh that's true. I don't thik it matters how someone looks as long as i am not revolted by the sight of him.
Ah, but the mere fact that you'd get to know him as long as you werent "revolted by the sight of him" shows that there would be some degree of physical attraction. :D

(trust me, I do psych!) ;)

LazyBoy

HSC
i know guys who arnt interested in a girls personality. they cant have girls for friends or anything. When im looking for a girl (which is always lol) ill go up to a girl if im attracted to them, so they gotta be thin enough. nice hair, dress nice sorta thing. The difference between a friend and a partner is chemsitry. Strictly a hormonal thing, that chemsitry is a response to your attraction. Thus looks are important.

After first impressions and chemistry is over and done with, the only thing that will maintain a relationship is personaliyt. therefore personality is just as important for maintenance of the relationship.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
i strongly doubt thats true... no one has neither!
Hey you don't know everyone. lol
There are those of us who are too lazy to make an attempt to make themselves better looking or changing themselves to be liked!

LazyBoy

HSC
gloria_b said:
Hey you don't know everyone. lol
There are those of us who are too lazy to make an attempt to make themselves better looking or changing themselves to be liked!
Lol and mostly they will remain single unless they have enough dumb luck to fall into a relationship.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
dont ever even consider changing yourself just to be liked! you should be whatever is true to your personality, it doesnt matter what you are, theres always gonna be someone out there who doesnt like you, and if you just be yourself youre going to meet the right person anyway, AND have deeper feelings... you'll never have a successful relationship if you pretend to be something youre not.

you know youve got good features .. both looks and personality-wise.... start thinking of them more , rather than bagging on yourself

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
you know youve got good features .. both looks and personality-wise.... start thinking of them more , rather than bagging on yourself
hahahaaa....
If only you were to meet me you would realise that you can never make an assumption like that!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm not overly pick about either, but I'd rather if they weren't dull as a board or as ugly (or butch) as Amelie Mauresmo.

LazyBoy

HSC
gloria you right. i cant stand girls who call themselfs ugly or fat. its the worst personality trait a girl can have.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
LazyBoy said:
gloria you right. i cant stand girls who call themselfs ugly or fat. its the worst personality trait a girl can have.
Mostly they are fishing for compliments but clearly i am not because i am online so no one knows who i am or what i look like. I am just over the looks thing, why would anyone want to starve themselves so they look like a stick? Or put chemicals on their faces?

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah im well aware why most of them do it. those girls i play along.. its still unnatractive but yeah. But the girls who genuinely beleive it i dont like. Girls like guys with confidence, it goes the other way too i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)