What are you attracted to? (1 Viewer)

The most important thing is:

• I'm a shallow person; how they look

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I'm so deep; what's inside (eg personality)

Votes: 47 17.6%
  • I won't settle for anything less than looks and personality

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • It's not either; it's an unexplainable feeling

Votes: 98 36.7%

• Total voters

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
LazyBoy said:
yeah im well aware why most of them do it. those girls i play along.. its still unnatractive but yeah. But the girls who genuinely beleive it i dont like. Girls like guys with confidence, it goes the other way too i guess.
Why don't you like it? What if they ARE genuinely ugly?

LazyBoy

HSC
its still bad and unnatractive personal quality. if they are ugly they need to do alot more to impress someone. and calling themselfs ugly wont help.

malkin86

HSC
I'd have to say that a great part of me being attracted to someone, is knowing that they're attracted to me. ;)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
pfft. looks vs personality?! WHAT ABOUT SEX DRIVE?! LIBIDO?! arent they important?

malkin86

HSC
LazyBoy said:
hey malkin i heard Kim Beazley is attracted to you ;) lol
Ooh, really?
;)

Nah, I'm taken already. And so is he. Nice try, though.

btw, you're sigged. :)

Last edited:

sladehk

le random
HSC
1+1 = 2
If both aren't rite, then it is only half of what you deserve

HSC
every time i point out a girl as being nice, i always have a guy saying eew no shes average, but most the time i know her personality and its like for me personality plays a equal if not more important role, theres just a certain personality that makes me think how great a girl is

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It depends on the circumstances we meet. If its in a nightclub or whatever, then obviously looks is the first thing I notice, but the last few guys I've been into I wasn't attracted to physically at first, it was only once we got talking and I saw their personalities that I became interested

HSC
if personality includes the girls self morals, then personality can make any girl seem gorgues, nothing like a girl who has great morals, thats a thumbs up

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I wish you would learn how to spell

*cough* gorgeous

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
malkin86 said:
I'd have to say that a great part of me being attracted to someone, is knowing that they're attracted to me. ;)
That's true for me too :uhhuh:

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
your question is a bit misleading [well, to me at least. i guess, only to me]:

- what are you attracted to?
- the most important thing is:

i interpret them as slightly different.
for the first, i would say that i would be first attracted by a type/style of look [which isn't really that shallow because looks usually reflect the person], then personalities. though, personality would really matter in the end
for the second, the most important thing is yeah, probably to simply be loved and appreciated in return - to be shown the same amount of devotion

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
gloria_b said:
Looks or personality?
For guys its all about looks. All they care about is a perfect face,a set of nice breasts and a hot arse. It doesnt matter what guys say because thats the truth. All looks and a decent personality. Not a good one a decent one. No guy would go for a fat, ugly mole faced chick with an excellent personality if he knew he could do better.Since i'm not a chick , I dont know wat they are looking for.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
they're both important in their own ways...the physical attraction needs to be there to start with coz ur more likely to pursue someone whos hot than someone whos ugly (fact of life). but without the mental/emotional connection the relationship is worthless. theres no point going out with a total hottie if he/shes an asshole or a bitch. and even though "opposites attract" there needs to be some sort of common ground between you to keep you close. id imagine it would be hard to get involved with someone who was really on a totally diferent page to you. so yeah, looks and personality are important. they compliment each other.

sladehk

le random
HSC
I prefer girls that aren't that hot but are still pretty but nice.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
2sense said:
For guys its all about looks. All they care about is a perfect face,a set of nice breasts and a hot arse. It doesnt matter what guys say because thats the truth. All looks and a decent personality. Not a good one a decent one. No guy would go for a fat, ugly mole faced chick with an excellent personality if he knew he could do better.Since i'm not a chick , I dont know wat they are looking for.
that's being a bit too generalised. i'm sure there's some truth to that, but obviously, not all guys are like that. if they were, then what about all the ugly ppl out there in the world? would the majority of the population be left by ourselves for the rest of our lives? to not find our special half? and you can't say all the 'hot' ppl will get with the 'hot', and all the ugly with the ugly, because look around you, it doesn't always happen that way.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i do go for looks, its a plus to bragg to your friends that you got with a really hot guy and they get jealous etc etc. (gosh, im mean :p)
but for the long run, id prefer personality, as that is what makes a person interesting.
if a guy is really good looking with a great personality, that is awesome, but if he is average looking, with a great personality, friendly, easy to talk to and easy to get along with, he becomes attractive to you in your own eyes, as the more you get to know the guy and like the guy, his attractiveness appears more stronger and more dominant to you.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
if a guy is really good looking with a great personality, that is awesome, but if he is average looking, with a great personality, friendly, easy to talk to and easy to get along with, he becomes attractive to you in your own eyes, as the more you get to know the guy and like the guy, his attractiveness appears more stronger and more dominant to you.
touche
ive gone out with a couple of guys and looks were the first thing that got me talking to them, it didnt really go any further than a friendship.. the guy i am currently seeing has worked with me the last 2 years but i didnt really start talking to him until around november last yr (i always used to think he was such a bludger) then when we got to know each other we started liking each other.. but yeh i dont think any of my work friends would see him the way i do (kinda like what mmm sofay said)
i think looks definately attract u to someone, but personality will keep a relationship going (unless ur using someone to satisfy ur sexual needs.. then it doesnt really matter)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)